Adv Pricing - Use foreign price on domestic order?

Aarto

Aarto

Reputable Poster
Hi all!

A customer i'm working with has a requirement to base a domestic order price on a foreign "base price"
i.e they buy products in EUR and want to hold a EUR fixed purchase price in the system (they can maintain this as fixed price adjustment or a base price in F4106)

When they create a domestic order (SEK/SEK) for a customer, they want to use the EUR purchase price as basis for their price adjustments (converted to SEK using current excahnge rate) and just add a cost markup on orders.

I have set up a base price in EUR but this will not pull through to domestic orders. (no suprise there) I have also tried a fixed price adjustment in EUR in the price schedule but this is not resolved either as the order is in SEK

Does anyone know of a workaround that could be used to have fiexed prices in foreign currency om domestic orders?

We could always set am adjstment up in EUR amount using SEK as currency code and then multiply using a variable which would be same as exchange rate but i would like to avoid this if possible

E9 , all latest ESU:s etc. installed
Thanks
/Aarto

Did you try using Preference Profiles For Customer Currency(Preference Type 45)?
The preference overrides the default currency code from the Customer Master for the whole order.

A multi-currency environment must be used, you must have an exchange rate defined for each currency, and the Customer Master will still need to have currency codes set up.

Thanks,
Matt

Consider using a formula and variable table. The formula refers to the variable table which has currency conversions by date. This way you retain any currency changes over time.

Create a batch program to capture conversion rates and update the variable table every day.

This would allow you to keep the prices in Adv Pricing and in domestic currency.

There exist solution, but it will be probably difficult to maintain it. It base on variable tables and pricing formulas.
When you setup variable table, you setup currency and unit of measure in variable table definition. Pricing formula is able convert value from one currency to other currency with actual exchange rate.
In your case you can setup variable table for EA in EUR and pricing formula will be as follows:
(&VARIABLE_TABLE)!SEK
Where „&“ is identifier for variable table and „!“ is identifier for currency (see pricing constant definition)
If you would like to use it as base price, then setup in price adjustment name definition Override base price
In price adjustment detail use option 7 – pricing formula and put pricing formula identifier into record.
Similar setup you can use for surcharge defined in EUR. Formula convert values just from variable table of data fields, not constants.
It technically solve your issue, but I do not expect customer satisfaction. Other way is to use custom pricing procedure.

Ejsan

HI all! Thanks for your answers..

I think what we are going to do is..
1. Hold the base price in SEK (calculated using standard EUR to SEK xchange rate)
2. Put the "standard" exchange rate that was used to calculate SEK value from EUR in variable table
3. Put customers specific exchange rate also in the variable table

4. create Price adjustment using formula and variables to
a) Divide SEK price with the "standard" exchage rate used (2)
b) Multilply the result with customers EUR rate (3)

So.
Standard EUR to SEK rate is 8.1
Customers EUR to SEK rate is 8.5

Base price = 10 EUR x Standard EUR rate = 81 SEK
Price Adjustment will calculate 81 / 8.1 x 8.5 = 85

These exchange rates are updated once per month (standard rate) and once per week (customers rate). Obviously, we'd need to recalculate the SEK base price every time the standard exchange rate is changed. We could do this by also maintaining the EUR base price table and then using R410604 to create the new SEK prices from EUR dito.

Another possibility we're looking as is to hold the base price in SEK but the amount would be the EUR amount. Then create a formula that would always multiply the base price with the customers EUR exchange rate. (or with standard exchange rate for all other customers) This would solve the problem but i'm having qualms holding base price in system with "wrong" currency codes. We may accidentaly be selling in the base price if the customer setup is not correct (no adjustment schedule) so this would have to be controlled very tightly.

/Aarto

Back