Adv Pricing for certain document types

annieef

All,

We're using advanced pricing at the SB level to define the price and then to allow the SO released to inherit the defined pricing. As long as we have an SB, we're good. In most cases, we manually enter values into differen adjustments that are mandatory and we only have two Schedules - a customer is either one or the other. In somee cases, though, the customer creates LARGE blanket orders. And, when they do this, instead of manually entering data on EACH line (for say, 200 lines)we will go into the Schedule and define the defaults for several of the adjustments so that they come in automatically. However, IF there is no current SB in place and someone attempts to enter an SO, it WILL pull in this default pricing and we do NOT want that. We ONLY want this schedule to be accessible for the SB.
All I can come up with is to remove the pricing schedule from the customer master for all customers and have the blanket entry folks enter the value manually.
Does anyone know of a processing option or called version within the P4211 that would inhibit the advanced pricing from working? That way, I *could* turn it off for sales order entry (allow the pricing to ONLY come from the SB) and allow it to be on for the SB.

I think I would use Preference Profiles to accomplish this. It would go something like this:
Take the adjustment schedule off all customers' billing instructions.
Assign customers to two different Customer Preference Groups for the Price Adjustment Schedule preference. (G4231, Option 8, F8)
Set up two Price Adjustment Schedule preferences, one for each group.
Set up a version of P40400 that has that preference turned on.
Set up two versions of P4211 - one for SB that has a 1 in processing option 70 and uses P/O 56 to point to your P40400 version, and another one for SO that doesn't use preferencing at all, or, if you need some other preferences, has a version of P40400 that has the Price Adjustment Schedule preference turned off.
This way whenever you enter an SB the preferencing system will apply the correct price adjustment schedule, but when you enter an SO none will be applied.

Hope this helps.

Hi Annie France,

I tried to reach you with a personal email to [email protected]
but Domain Name Service bounced it back, saying gadgitgroup.com does not
exist.

Where are you?

What is SB? You mention SB numerous times in your message (shown below)
but did not explain what SB is.

To answer your question: At Branch/Plant Constants (screen 41204),
Press F10 to display System Constants --> Press F10 again to display
Pricing Constants. An On/Off (Y/N)flag controls whether JDE uses
Advanced Pricing.

Back