AddressBook Auditing - Z Tables

DBohner-(db)

Legendary Poster
Hi All,

Does someone have documentation for setting up auditing on the AddressBook, Customer Master and Supplier Master?

I’ve figured out the process for the AddressBook – but haven’t been able to completely determine the process for the Customer Master and Supplier Master (I’m assuming they are the same, but I really shouldn’t be assuming – it’s not safe). If someone has a document that provides the steps, I’d be grateful!

Steps (very abridged and cryptic for the developer-types) for the AddressBook:
The AddressBook Master Business Function (N0100041) has processing options that allow you to record the before and after ‘snapshot’ of changes to the F0101 (via P010102) to the F0101Z2 table. You set the functionality by changing the ‘Virtual’ Processing option on the P0100041 (Address Book MBF – PO), then pointing the MBF Version of the P01012 to that version…. Then, when you run the P01012 – the before and after snapshot of the data is reflected within the z table.

TIA

(db)
------------------------------------------
Daniel Bohner
ExistingLight, LLC
http://www.existinglight.net
[email protected]
[email protected]
Home Office: 208.467.3316
mobile: 208.250.1917
fax: 208.246.3425
XBOX Gamer-Tag: drbohner
MSN IM: [email protected]
Yahoo IM: [email protected]

Just a thought if you are on a SP/TR level that supports it...but CFR 21 functionality will allow you to track changes to data on any tables within the system...the neat thing about CFR 21 functionality is that it uses triggers, which means that even if the data is changed outside of E1 it will mark the change.

Regards,

The other thing to consider is that there are known bugs where certain activities are not recorded or not recorded properly by the built-in AB/customer/supplier interoperability, and every time someone hits the OK button (whether they changed the record or not), the action is recorded in the interoperability tables, making review more difficult. We switched to 21 CFR 11 as soon as we were able to implement it.

Several of us (with about twenty-five years of JDE experience combined) are sitting here asking - what the heck is CFR 21?

Can you point me to a whitepaper, document or 'something' - from the basis of what's being shared, I think it would be a much better fit to resolve the issue than the AB Auditing that is built into the AddressBook MasterBusiness Function (too many missed updates with the MBF)...

I'm eager to learn!

And I wasn't accepted into the iConsortium (that Altquark...I'll get him someday)...shame, shame, shame!
wink.gif
CFR21 is a federal regulation that mandates industries to track changes made to data (pharmaceutical's). In order to achieve compliance, E1 has the ability (if you are on the appropriate SP/TR) to designate which tables to track. You are able to specify specific data items if you wish, but you MUST know the tables, you can't just say track all tables that have data item XYZ.

The neat thing about the feature, is that it adds triggers, so that ANY modification of the data is tracked, not just from within E1. Obviously, you still need to make head or tails of the "change table"...and you certainly wouldn't want to use this on a transactional table.

There is a installation manual, got it on my other puter, PM me and I'll get it off to you.

Regards,

Re: 21CFR 11

Apprently the object didn't get loaded to the list correctly - or something.

Would it be possible to send it directly to me?
[email protected]

I (and a few buds) are real eager to look at it.

(db)

Hi Shelley

I would be grateful for a copy.
([email protected])
TIA Edmund.

Hi DBohner

The Supplier Master (and probably also the Customer Master) calls F0101AddressBookMiniUpdate - B0100061, which uses a hardcoded Version which has special processing in the Address Book Master MBF to prevent looping (with XPI?). So F0101 changes made through this route are not written to the Z files

Regards

Edmund

Hi Shelley,

Please, try to attach again the zipped guide.
I can not download it from your post on the Forum.

Thanks in advance,

Zoltán

If it's 7mb - then the list won't allow it to be uploaded. There's a 2mb limit.

If I get a copy - I'll place it on my server, and point y'all do the download...

(db)

Re: 21 CFR 11 (Auditing) Tool Link

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the link.

It is alreday dowloading...

REgards,

Zoltán

Edmund (or anyone else),

Does someone have the documentation for setting up the Auditing? I see that it is there, I just need to complete and confirm the setup... then make sure my client has the proper documentation.

The endless search of the KG continues.

(db)

See my posted link above...should take you to the zip file with all the documentation you are looking for, except for the MTR's I believe.

Regards,

Hi Guys,

Buzzing through the documentation - I alerted on the text that states: JDB renames F0101 to F0101_ADT. A database view named F0101 is created for the...

My guess is that we cannot use the 21CFR Auditing if we are co-existant with world... The existing logicals and such in World would have to be recreated over the views - and/or all programs/applications/interfaces... recreated.

I'll keep looking for the documentation I originally asked for - if someone comes by a copy of the 'legacy' implementation of AddressBook, Customer Master and Supplier Master Auditing (writing the before and after to the z tables)... please share.

(db)

Oh sure...run us through hoops and THEN bring out the coexistence whammy.
smile.gif
You are correct in what the CFR implementation does, however, if you read further, you'll see a database view is created with the original FXXXXX name so that OneWorld itself, and other metadata accessing interfaces and apps can still call on FXXXXX and "see" it in it's 'native' form.

While this great for most everything...I agree, due to the logical file structure in World, I don't think this would work. I also scoured customer connection and can't find a peep about implementing this with coexistence. It's not even mentioned in the MTR's...which is strange. It either means it does work with coexistence, or that PSFT got real lucky that no coexistent client installed SP21 and activiated this thing on the OW side!

Since I can't find anything that specifically says "no coexistence", you may wish to put in a call to GSC.

Regards,

On page 9 of the 21 CFR 11 Admin Guide under Coexistence it states:
"Those sites that participate in a coexistant environment must be audited by the WorldSoftware solution. At these sites, the World solution provides audit and tracking for both World and OneWorld transactions."

Sorry that upload didn't work, guys; the file must have been too large. Thank you, Jim, for providing a link.

Hi Daniel

I've attached what I have on F0101 Auditing using Outbound Processing.

Regards

Edmund

Attachments

• 89228-Using Outbound Processing for Address Book Audit Logofn-99-0147_200782696 .doc
    31 KB · Views: 132
Back