Address Book at "Attention" or "DBA" info

ssolberg

VIP Member
Address Book at \"Attention\" or \"DBA\" info

Our company has recently gone about trying to "standardize" some things about how they enter information in the Mailing address to accomodate some exports of this information to an outside "system" and we are trying to figure out what to do with records that need a "Doing Business As (DBA) or Attention or c/o as part of their mailing information. Let me setup example:
Currently in the system they would have the regular business name in the Mailing name field, then would put the "DBA" (or other type) of info on the first line of the Address field, then the normal mailing address info on lines 2 (or more). This works just fine when it comes to printing AP checks and statements (really ANYTHING in JDE).
The problem with this scenario for the "outside system" is that the "physical address" is not on the first line of the Mailing Address (because it is the "DBA" information).

So... I started looking into the Who's Who information and I remembered that you could create a line in the Who's Who with a Type Code of A for the "Attention line". Cool!? But this doesn't seem to print anyplace and I still need this information to print for JDE things (again things like checks, statements, etc). What I REALLY was hoping for was to move all this "DBA" and "Attention" information that is in the first line of the address now to another field that would still print in JDE and and Mailing address would just contain actual address information.

Does this make sense to anyone and I'm curious what other shops are doing with regards to DBA/Attn/co information and printing.

Back