Adding variables that are not in the XML to a BI template

johndanter

johndanter

Legendary Poster
Hi List,

I am wondering if anyone has any way of ensuring a variable not in your populated in the UBE, therefore not in the XML data load can be then added to the BI layout.

Example: Address Lines

Add1 through Add5 but the XML may only show upto Add3

How do you then add Add4 Add5 if it's not in your XML?

Thanks

John

My usual solution is to navigate to the end of the DO Section and then hard code the values in for a local test to produce the XML values.
You can then map them onto the template

Just checking, is there another way?

I do the same thing you do. But sometimes, the method below makes sense.

1. Be familiar with XML naming rules. The UBE RV is converted to an XML tag by replacing all invalid chars with "_". For example, "RV 55 myVar" would become _5_myVar_ID999.

2. So where did the ID999 come from? It's the internal object ID of the variable. How do you get this? Use the ER browser, turn on object ID display and mouse hover over the variable. Mouse hover the other objects too, like sections, etc, so you can see how they relate to the XML.

3. Do a cut and paste on your XML to introduce the missing tag. The location within the parent tag doesn't matter; same thing with the sequence relative to the sibling tags. Fudge some test data, save the XML and you're done.

This method is reliable if the RV variable name is custom. If it's not, the variable name is taken from the DD details. I encountered this a couple of times but didn't pay attention to which DD data was used.

Awesome, thanks!!
I wondered where that _IDnnn came from. Very useful. Thank you

Hi guys,

Does this apply?
http://www.jdelist.com/vb4/showthre...3-2-XML-code-is-not-showing-the-hidden-fields

If so, you might try this suggestion:
You should be able to just list the UBEs you want and not *ALL. If you google BIPXMLInclude, then you should find a document about it.

Note: You may want to add the following line to your JDE.INI on both your Enterprise Servers (a CNC task) and your development machines.

[UBE]
BIPXMLIncludeInvisible=*ALL

If you do not have this line, any hidden columns in the UBE will not be written to the XML file. As a developer, always err on putting too much data into your XML file. Just because you have data in the XML, does not mean it has to go onto the template for output, but you never know what you might need down the road. This line will help you get that extra data into the XML.
I was not able to get the command to work, but may have been user error.

Let me know if you try it and your outcome.

Ben again,

Ben,

That is brilliant mate! Thanks. Changed it locally and the given xml files are larger alright :) Show way more data than before

One thing to add here though......

If the ER says Hide RV Variable, no matter what you do, it's not in the XML. So I'm not entirely sure what that INI command does.
It seems to be helping, but for example, foreign tax if you are reading a domestic invoice, won't show even if 0 as R42520 will Hide the RV.

At least that's what I'm seeing here

Hi John,

I BELIEVE what the command does is displays all the XML tags even if the value is null. So that would make sense that it doesn't show the Hidden values. Developers hide values that they don't want to see even if the have a non-null value.

Ben again,

True.

Found this:

Note: There is a known issue with the report objects which are hidden using Hide Object or Hide Section system funtions. These hidden objects are still captured into the XML source even for the tools releases above 8.98.3.2 and this is reported as a bug 13946027. This has been fixed in tools release 9.1.2.0 and above. For tools releases 9.1.2.0 and above both hide object and show object event rules system functions will work as desired even UBE is submitted as RD job.

https://support.oracle.com/epmos/fa...&_afrWindowMode=0&_adf.ctrl-state=r2ktoavrl_4

Back