Adding multiple Branch to F4102 using R4101Z1I report.

Mridul

I am currently working on an Add existing Item to B/P custom application which has approval route before it hits JDE tables and it requires to insert a new record in F4102 with the new branch.

To get this done, I thought that instead of running R4101Z1I twice, as required in creating both F4101 and F4102 record, if we run it only once with ITBR ( Update Item Branch) = 2 and MCU mapped, it will insert the new record in F4102 only. But this way, it goes into error.

A document from internet suggested that incase multiple MCU records are to be added to F4102, then the first one should have TNAC (Transaction Action) as ‘A’ and rest all should have ‘C’. But changing this way didn’t help either.

Can anyone suggest, what is required to achieve this?

Thanks,
Mridul

Hi

Have you tried action = 02 (Add)

I remember we used A for Item Master and 02 for Item Branch

Can you clarify what you are trying to do?
-create new item AND new item branch by running thhe ube once?
-or create new item branches for an existing item?

I believe the document is referring to uploading the same item branch. That is, the first item branch must be 'A' added, in order for the subsequent records of same item branch to be 'C' changed.

Thanks for the responses.
Lynnol, I am doing the 2nd one.

The issue is resolved though. The B/P, I was trying to add was not setup in the B/P constant (F41001 file).

It requires A in TNAC and 02 in ITBR and ITM, LITM, AITM should be populated in F4101Z1 and then execute R4101Z1I.

Thanks,
Mridul

Mridul,
Probably it would not work. For the reason short item is not yet assigned and your not passing the same when your trying to update the branch plant. Check this from the attached document it clearly says that you would need itm,litm and aitm as input.

Data Item Description Notes
ITBR Update Item Branch This must be a "2" in order to create Branch Plant records.
MCU Branch Plant This must be populated with the Branch Plant.
ITM, LITM, AITM Short Item Number, 2nd Item Number, 3rd Item Number Unlike the Item Master creation process, ALL 3 OF THESE FIELDS MUST be populated when creating the Branch Plant records.
EDSP Successfully Processed This must be blank when re-running the process. This field cannot have a "Y" in it for the Item Master Inbound Transaction Process ( R4101Z1I) to run successfully.

What i would suggest is to write a driver UBE and add the steps to it. Create Item Master first,update your z- file and kick the item branch conversion.

I would like to know if anyone did the process in a different way.

Back