Adding field in table

umang soni

Dear All,

I got the requirement to add new field to existing table.
Table in already in PD and it has data in it.

as per my knowledge we have to create index and generate the table in PD once the modified table in promoted to PD from PY.

now I am in confusion, after adding the field I will promote the table to PD, but how can I generate the table. I dont want PD data to lost.

Please guide me.

Hi,

Is your requirement to add a new index or add a new column to the table? Or do both?

If you are adding a column, add it to the end of the table.
Your DBA team or someone with access to PD SQL will have to help you save off and re-import the data before the table is build in PD. As when you build a table in E1 it wipes all the data in that table.

If it's just an index then that's ok as you don't need to build the table, just the indexes and you don't lose any data.

Thanks

John

Soni,

John is perfectly right.

I usually do the following steps to add columns to the table ( usually custom table)

Add Columns
1. Backup the table (using SQL Server, or Microsoft Access or any other kind of tools)
2. Add new columns to the table.
3. Deploy the table and related objects
4. Generate the table (using fat client). Check the column using 'databrowser'
5. Restore the data
6. Test your application or reports.

Add Index
1. Add index
2. Deploy the table
3. Generate index
4. Test the application or report

Depending on your exact requirements and whether it is a custom table or not you may wish to create a tag table instead of modifying the existing one. Just something to consider.

Dear All,

Thanks for your inputs, i got the table promoted and told CNC to perform below activity,

Take backup of F584312 table from PY 910 and then generate the table as we have added new field in table.
After successful generation please restore the data in F584312.

the CNC did below activities,

CPYF FROMFILE(CRPDTA91/F584312) TOFILE(ERPSUITES/F584312TMP) CRTFILE(*YES)
CPYF FROMFILE(CRPDTA91/F584312) TOFILE(ERPSUITES/F584312BKP) CRTFILE(*YES)
Generate the table.
strsql
insert into crpdta91/f584312 select ILUKID, ILANBY, ILITM, ILLITM, ILAITM, ILMCU, ILAN8, ILQCENG, ILAN82, ILAN83, ILDESC01, ILDESC02, IL$SDTE, ILMATH01, ILMATH02, ILQTY, ILILSTUS, '', ILREM1, ILUSER, ILPID, ILJOBN, ILUPMT, ILUPMJ from erpsuites/f584312tmp

Hi,

I am trying to import data from an Excel file into the Accounts Receivables module, cash receipts. However, I am unable to 'define import location in grid' which is step 3.

I am doing a test of 3 line items but the whole import would be just over 4300 lines.

Any help you could offer in facilitating this process would be greatly appreciated.

Below please find a screen shot of the process.

JDE Import.jpg

Back