Accounts Receivable

scorpio_scorpio

I have few Accounts Receivable questions, I hope it can be answered.

1) What is the impact of voiding receipt of previous month(s) in current period on AR aging? And what needs to be made sure while voiding those receipts.

2) What is the best to way to handle those receipts where receipt came in one month, reversed in another month, then re-instated in another month?

3) We have unapplied amount on receipts from previous months, how do I clear those receipts?

Worth mentioning we are on E900. Tools release 8.98.34.

Thanks in advance.

Accounts Receivable - Responses

1) What is the impact of voiding receipt of previous month(s) in current period on AR aging? And what needs to be made sure while voiding those receipts. - Make sure that you change the GL Date to the current month, otherwise it will not post.

2) What is the best to way to handle those receipts where receipt came in one month, reversed in another month, then re-instated in another month? - Make sure the receipt date stays the same so that you can track the actual bank transactions and reduce issues when locating to original deposit.

3) We have unapplied amount on receipts from previous months, how do I clear those receipts? You can apply them in a future month with no issue, just make sure the current month GL date is on the new transaction entries.

Back