Ability To Update Original Promise Date On P4310 Enter/Inquire Purchase Orders

Terry DeMoure

Terry DeMoure

VIP Member
I recall numerous discussions at the last two Collaborate conferences in the Industrial Manufacturing SIG meetings by users interested in Enhancement Request 290 on the Quest Enhancement Tool on QuestDirect.org dealing with adding the ability for users to modify the Original Promise Delivery Date on purchase orders.

I would like to hear more from other users desiring this enhancement and why this is desired as my company is contemplating a customization to facilitate this. Enhancement Request 290 was submitted on the Quest Enhancement Tool on QuestDirect.org back on 10/03/07 and no further updates since 12/07/12.

Please advise.

I recall numerous discussions at the last two Collaborate conferences in the Industrial Manufacturing SIG meetings by users interested in Enhancement Request 290 on the Quest Enhancement Tool on QuestDirect.org dealing with adding the ability for users to modify the Original Promise Delivery Date on purchase orders.

I would like to hear more from other users desiring this enhancement and why this is desired as my company is contemplating a customization to facilitate this. Enhancement Request 290 was submitted on the Quest Enhancement Tool on QuestDirect.org back on 10/03/07 and no further updates since 12/07/12.

Please advise.

A late reply as we just moved to JDE, but we have changed the Original Promise Date in prior ERP systems (including Oracle) to support correct reporting of On Time Delivery KPI's. OTD is calculated as % of sales order lines where Shipped Date <= OPD. In cases where customer-driven delays result in a shipment occurring after the OPD (credit or prepayment issues, engineering or quantity changes, etc.) it would be helpful to directly change the OPD.

Back