AAI 3280 Error from R31804

tlcost

I am receiving the following error in my work center: " The Automatic Accounting Instruction (AAI) number 3280 used by this application is not defined in the Distribution/Manufacturing AAI table."

I have 2 issues, (1) I cannot replicate the error. I've tried similiar orders and parts, but do not get the error. (2) I am not familiar with the purpose of AAI 3280, so I do not know what kind of variance is trying to post.

Look up the GL class for that item using P4101, Item Master Revisions. See if the GL class is the same for similar parts.
Then go to your AAIs and make sure that combo of doc type and gl class are set up under 3280.

We do not have anything set up for 3280. I created a dummy account number and set it up for the GL Cat code in question. This allowed the one work order to go through, but I do not understand the amount that it being posted. I have read documentation for Other Variances that post through 3280, but still do not understand what kind of variance is trying to post. Do you have any information on the type of situations that will cause the R31804 to use 3280?

The purpose of 3280 is to clear out any remaining amounts from WIP that were not addressed by the other variances. Some situations that could cause remaining amounts include rounding differences, over-completing or under-completing work order (if the Restate Production Costs processing option is not set in R31804), or if the standard cost was re-frozen while the work order was in process.

Thank you, this information has been helpful. I have another question related to this situation. The work orders that are trying to post using 3280 don't have any amount populated in the completed column on P31022, even though the IC transactions pulled the full order quantity out of WIP and the status of the work order moved to closed. Is the completed column on P31022 populated by the IC transaction, the status, or labor reporting?

The completed amounts are populated by R31802, as are the actual amounts. The completed amounts are calculated from the parent quantity reported complete using the frozen standard for the parent, and the actual amounts are calculated for each cost type from the reported components and hours using the frozen standard for components and work center rates.

Back