9.2 Standalone on Win10 or 8.1

Kumars

Hi,

I have been unsuccessful installing 9.2 Standalone on Win 10 and 8.1. I was stuck with compatibility issues with WebLogic and Oracle Database installation. I also tried with the downloads posted last week in Oracle edelivery.

Did anyone succeed? Please post your suggestions.

Thanks

Hi,

I have been unsuccessful installing 9.2 Standalone on Win 10 and 8.1. I was stuck with compatibility issues with WebLogic and Oracle Database installation. I also tried with the downloads posted last week in Oracle edelivery.

Did anyone succeed? Please post your suggestions.

Thanks

Hi Kumar,

We have installed Standalone E920 successfully on Windows 10 and 8.1. Till now It is working fine.

Please check our article hope this will help you!!!

http://www.jdee1tips.com/#!Install-JD-Edwards-Standalone-E920/esfmi/567973910cf203da56e85506.

Best Regards
JDEE1Tips
www.JDEE1Tips.com

Last edited:
Good to know...!

I received the error of uncertified O/S issue (I tried with both Win8.1 and Win10) while installing with WebLogic Server. And then, while installing 9.2 Standalone Client, I had another error stated something like "There is a database named E1Local available, however unable to locate".
I did the installation in the following order:
-Java8
-VC++
-WebLogic
-32bit Oracle
-64 Oracle
-Standalone Client

I also had issues with installing 32bit Oracle. It gave me ÏNS-13001 error. I had option to ignore 32 bit Oracle and WebLogic OS errors and proceed. However, it did not allow me to proceed past standalone client installation error.

Please suggest solutions with my errors.

Thanks

Last edited:
Good to know...!

I received the error of uncertified O/S issue (I tried with both Win8.1 and Win10) while installing with WebLogic Server. And then, while installing 9.2 Standalone Client, I had another error stated something like "There is a database named E1Local available, however unable to locate".
I did the installation in the following order:
-Java8
-VC++
-WebLogic
-32bit Oracle
-64 Oracle
-Standalone Client

Please suggest solutions with my errors.

Thanks

Hi Kumar,

We hope Windows 8.1 and 10 is not a certified OS but we installed it is working fine. That is the reason you are getting the warning message.

We also faced this issue while installing Standalone E920. Check whether E1local 12c DB is up and running or not.

Please follow the below instructions and Let us know the result.

1. Windows+Run --> Services.msc --> Check for the service "OracleE1LocalTNSListener" & "OracleServiceE1LOCAL" is started or not. If not start the services
2. Check whether are you able to ping the E1local DB using the command "tnsping E1local". It should return message from DB as OK.
3. There Could be the configuration issue with listener.ora & tnsnames.ora. Best Practice Provide the Hostname(Instead of IP or Localhost) as machine name in both the files.

If you are able do the tnsping for the E1local DB then try to install JD Edwards Standalone client. It will be installed successfully.

Try and Let us know the result!!!

Best Regards
JDEE1Tips
www.JDEE1Tips.com

Hi JDEE1Tips,

Can you please elaborate on steps 2 & 3?

I tried your step 1 and those services were already ON. I once turned off and started again.., no result. As your step-2, I pinged the got the below result.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10586]
(c) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>tnsping E1Local

TNS Ping Utility for 64-bit Windows: Version 12.1.0.2.0 - Production on 19-JAN-2016 13:18:48

Copyright (c) 1997, 2014, Oracle. All rights reserved.

Used parameter files:
C:\Oracle\E1Local\network\admin\sqlnet.ora

Used TNSNAMES adapter to resolve the alias
Attempting to contact (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = localhost)(PORT = 1521)) (CONNECT_DATA = (SERVER = DEDICATED) (SERVICE_NAME = E1Local)))
TNS-12541: TNS:no listener

C:\WINDOWS\system32>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi JDEE1Tips,

I tried your step 1 and those services were already ON. I once turned off and started again.., no result.
Can you please elaborate on steps 2 & 3?

Thanks.

Hi Kumar,

Your DB and Listener are up and working. However you are facing issue while installing JD Edwards Standalone client, because of your configuration files

It could be issue with listener.ora & tnsnames.ora file.

Go to Folder C:/Oracle/E1local/network/admin folder and open listener.ora and check the Value for HOST also open the tnsnames.ora and check the Value for HOST.

Both files should have hostname as same name. Best Practice Provide the HOST as Hostname(Instead of IP or Localhost) of your machine in both the files

Let me know if you need any more informations to resolve your issue.

Best Regards
JDEE1Tips
www.JDEE1Tips.com

Hi ,
I managed to install 9.2 demo on Win8.1. However, I am not able to run UBE from Fat Client. Any suggestions ?

Thanks.

Hi JDEE1Tips,

Hi Kumar,

Your DB and Listener are up and working. However you are facing issue while installing JD Edwards Standalone client, because of your configuration files

It could be issue with listener.ora & tnsnames.ora file.

Go to Folder C:/Oracle/E1local/network/admin folder and open listener.ora and check the Value for HOST also open the tnsnames.ora and check the Value for HOST.

Both files should have hostname as same name. Best Practice Provide the HOST as Hostname(Instead of IP or Localhost) of your machine in both the files

Let me know if you need any more informations to resolve your issue.

Best Regards
JDEE1Tips
www.JDEE1Tips.com
Could you please please help me with installation of my JDE installation? Need your kind help it is about my career.. Awaiting your revert.

Back