E9.2 9.2 Call JDE Function from REST API

Felipe Vidal

Hi Team,

I need to call a Business Function & pass on parameters using JDE REST API Services. I've reviewed:

... in look for a way to call Business Functions directly, instead of relying on a Form or an Orchestration to do so. Do you know if that is still available?

Thanks,

I do not think JDE has REST API's for BSFN calls, but there are 3rd party solutions, i.e.: we have EveREST2JDE solution.

Agree with jdecoder. The out of the box solution and the easiest is with Orchestrator. This is what we do. We used to wrap BSFNs with BSSV but BSSV only supports SOAP unfortunately (for published BSSVs).

Agree with jdecoder. The out of the box solution and the easiest is with Orchestrator. This is what we do. We used to wrap BSFNs with BSSV but BSSV only supports SOAP unfortunately (for published BSSVs).
Thanks. I do remember, however, seeing the BSFNs being called without the need of the Orchestrator in previous releases. However, probably those previous solutions did require the implementation of external programs.

Anyway, if there is no way to skip the Orch (the intent was to reduce the need of intermediate processes) & if it is the "standard" way to do it, we would stick to that.

Back