E9.2 9.2.6 XML Call Object changes...?

JohnDanter2

JohnDanter2

VIP Member
Hi folks

Does anyone know what Oracle have done (if anything) to the XML Call Object in TR 9.2.6?
I ask as apparently DSI MEP is not certified on TR 9.2.6 64 bit as Oracle do not support it, or changed something or DSI can't get it to work. No idea....probably Oracle encouraging everyone to use REST maybe..?

But apparently this is so. They'll sell you MEP DSI but you must connect using REST.
We are using MEP 9.0 SP12 and this is what we are being told. MEP do not support XML connector in 9.2.6, but they do in 9.2.5

Will it still work in 9.2.6 though?

Thanks

John

Last edited:
I would be very interested in this as well since we make HEAVY use of XML Call Object for a lot of our solutions and plan to continue to leverage it going forward if possible.

I've raised a call with Oracle on this, asking in XML interop is supported in 9.2.6.....and of course it is. It's also being developed for 9.2.7 also

So this is a DSI issue, not an E1 9.2.6 issue

The person on the SR told me each time E1 upgrade their TR, they send the jar based libraries to all their vendors who wish to use XML interop with the new TR change. Sometimes they may have changed slightly, sometimes not but they are always sent/available for download.

They have changed from 9.2.5 to 9.2.6 but as they said, RF Smart plus our own local tests have NO issues using 9.2.6.

So this is a DSI issue, not a JDE issue

t.gif
Every time we release new tools release (even between 9.2.5.2 to 9.2.5.4), our jars might change so the requirement for the vendors (e.g. DSI) is to copy over all the jars from ES to their local system so that their client jars match the Enterprise Server Jars.

We ask the vendors, and every time the customer updates the tools release level, they have a top copy over the jars to the vendor's client machine even though all the jars might be the same between 9.2.5 and 9.2.6.

Last edited:
Well that's sort of in line with the whole repository change, a few years ago that DSI never patched and obviously - something you could try yourself. Sometimes I wonder if DSI just doesn't work on these things to......ahem... "facilitate" upgrades.

That said - I see this is out there E1: XML: Gethostbyaddr_r Failed Error Message in The XML Dispatch Kernel When Using the XML Interop and Crashes the Kernel (Zombie) - gethostbyaddr_r failed in jdeGetHostByAddr_r for ip address 663884972 with length 4 and type 2,err=1. (Doc ID 2872804.1)

Fixed in 9.2.7(?)

Not much info there, but its the first I've seen anything actually acknowledged - so maybe..... it's both!

Thanks for posting back and this is good to know. I would have been shocked if JDE abandoned XML Call Object support.

Well that's sort of in line with the whole repository change, a few years ago that DSI never patched and obviously - something you could try yourself. Sometimes I wonder if DSI just doesn't work on these things to......ahem... "facilitate" upgrades.

That said - I see this is out there E1: XML: Gethostbyaddr_r Failed Error Message in The XML Dispatch Kernel When Using the XML Interop and Crashes the Kernel (Zombie) - gethostbyaddr_r failed in jdeGetHostByAddr_r for ip address 663884972 with length 4 and type 2,err=1. (Doc ID 2872804.1)

Fixed in 9.2.7(?)

Not much info there, but its the first I've seen anything actually acknowledged - so maybe..... it's both!

Yes, this is the ONLY issue the XML guy in Oracle acknowledged and he said they are still unsure if it's user config or their xml code.
He said if it is reproduced then it will be in 9.2.5 - 9.2.7

Thanks for posting back and this is good to know. I would have been shocked if JDE abandoned XML Call Object support.

Me too. I agree with TFZ, this is to encourage you to upgrade. Oracle provide the necessary jars to the clients who write this stuff and its up t them to get t working.
But like I said, RF Smart works like a charm

We use the XML Call Object component in our solutions and have customers live on 9.2.6.x 64bit tools without issue. There were a couple of bugs in the 9.2.5.x 64bit tools that we had to code around and because of this we don't support 64bit tools on the older releases of our solution. Our understanding is that those bugs were resolved in the 64bit version although we've kept our changes as they didn't impact performance.

Yeah, I reported this x64 bug to them in Jan'20 and it took them 1.5 years to fix it. We can still work with any release, though, bug or not.

We use the XML Call Object component in our solutions and have customers live on 9.2.6.x 64bit tools without issue. There were a couple of bugs in the 9.2.5.x 64bit tools that we had to code around and because of this we don't support 64bit tools on the older releases of our solution. Our understanding is that those bugs were resolved in the 64bit version although we've kept our changes as they didn't impact performance.

This is interesting. As our company has a frustrating policy of going for the latest TR -1 so bugs are fixed. But this is showing that the latest TR has fixed bugs in the last lol.
Thanks for the info

It's about to get more confusing as apparently they announced Release 23 / Tools 9.2.7 - which would mean a 9.2.7.0 release may be more stable than a 9.2.6.3 (as I'm assuming they're going to end that chain - but I could be wrong.) Not sure what this means for 32 bit / 9.2.5.x or if that's going to die now.

Back