• Introducing Dark Mode! Switch by clicking on the lightbulb icon next to Search or by clicking on Default style at the bottom left of the page!

9.1 Resources for a Newbie?

Tim8705

Hello,

I'm very new to JDE. I've been working in it for under a month.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend some good material with beginner items?

I'm trying to find a report that gives me work order variances and allows me to set a timeframe (date range). I was looking at R31804 and it seems to be what I'm looking for, but I've yet to find a way I can run it as a user.

My company has the report set to run nightly, but it doesn't help me if I want to find a month's worth of variances by work order. Am I looking at this the wrong way? Should I be more focused on finding the proper G/L account my variances are connected to and going about it that way?

Sorry if this is a really dumb question, I've been trying to Google, but been getting more advanced topics than what I am looking for.

Thank you for your time,
Tim

rsvconsulting

VIP Member
If your Company is paying annual maintenance to Oracle, you are entitled to access Metalink (formerly Knowledge Garden) which contains a base of JDE knowledge on litrally every JDE topic. Feel free to send me an email and I will assist you in using Metalink, or in the alternate, assist with your current need.