8.98.3.x and V6R1 = Case-Sensitive E1 ISeries Passwords

jdel6654

VIP Member
I just upgraded to tools release 8.98.3.2 for pristine. I am having a problem making a db connection to the system db and noticed an error in the Security kernel log.

I found a KG document that makes reference to case-sensitive passwords with 8.98.3x and V6R1. Has anyone seen this document ? It says passwords not only be the same for JDE and ONEWORLD. It also says they must be synch'd and are case-sensitive. Presumably this means the proxy user passwords are c-s.

What I don't understand is: do JDE and ONEWORLD have to have the exact same password?

[ QUOTE ]

"

You are unable to start EnterpriseOne services on your AS400 LPAR. This LPAR hosts all of the non-production environments.

When starting services the Security kernel does not start because it cannot connect to the Production LPAR to validate the system user. You are running V6R1 and have recently upgraded to Tools Release 8.98.3.1.

The Server JDE.LOG for the Security Kernel shows:

3293/98 MAIN_THREAD Thu Jun 10 09:59:40.517704 dbdrv_log.c196
OS400LI039- ObjectExist API:SQLTables Function Call Failed

3293/98 MAIN_THREAD Thu Jun 10 09:59:40.519352 jdb_drvm.c1752
JDB9900189 - Failed to verify that table exists in System - 900

Cause
ONEWORLD and JDE user profiles must have the exact same password on both the production and development LPARs.

Your are running an AS400 V6R1 which introduces case sensitive passwords in the iSeries. The ONEWORLD and JDE profiles passwords are not in sync based on case sensitivity for both LPARs.

Solution
You will need to reset the ONEWORLD and JDE profile passwords to make sure both have the same password in both LPARs considering case sensitivity.
"
[ QUOTE ]

The way I read that document, it's saying that the password for the JDE user must be the same on both LPARs, and the ONEWORLD password should be the same between both LPARS. It's not saying that the JDE and ONEWORLD passwords should be the same as each other. (At least, I'm assuming that is what you are asking.)

In truth, this has always been the case. Since there is usually only one copy of F98OWSEC, then the same alias user and password would be used to access the two different LPARs, and thus the alias user and password needs to be the same on both LPARs. The only new wrinkle with V6R1 is the case-sensitivity.

I more or less interpreted it the same way. I am getting that error in the sec kernel log. I know the passwords are the same for the JDE and ONEWORLD accounts (for each LPAR respectively). I really don't have any idea whether the case is the same.

The strange thing about it is that when I log in to the green screen with the same accounts, iSeries doesn't seem to care about case.

I don't want to reset all the passwords just yet. I guess I will probably have to open a call with Oracle.

Back