8.12 WebDev client issue

msouterblight1

VIP Member
All,

We are having an issue with our WebDev clients, they can't connect to the local DB! When the developers select EnterpriseOne Menu to bring up the local HTML Client, the web page appears, but there is no menu, only the fast path. If they try to fastpath to any application there is a critical error pop up. After reviewing the logs, I found the following:

25 Jul 2007 12:36:27,259 [SEVERE] - [JDBJ] The administrator must manually regererate the serialized object database for deployed packages to take effect.
25 Jul 2007 12:36:27,400 [SEVERE] - [JDBJ] com.jdedwards.database.base.JDBException: [DATABASE_CONNECT_FAILED] Database Connection failed for DataSource OneWorld Local - DV812. java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC]Error establishing socket.
25 Jul 2007 12:36:27,400 [SEVERE] - [JDBJ] com.jdedwards.database.base.JDBException: [DATABASE_CONNECT_FAILED] Database Connection failed for DataSource OneWorld Local - DV812. com.jdedwards.database.base.JDBException: [DATABASE_CONNECT_FAILED] Database Connection failed for DataSource OneWorld Local - DV812.
25 Jul 2007 12:36:27,556 [SEVERE] - [JDBJ] com.jdedwards.database.base.JDBException: [DATABASE_CONNECT_FAILED] Database Connection failed for DataSource OneWorld Local - DV812. java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC]Error establishing socket.
25 Jul 2007 12:36:27,556 [SEVERE] - [JDBJ] com.jdedwards.database.base.JDBException: [DATABASE_CONNECT_FAILED] Database Connection failed for DataSource OneWorld Local - DV812. com.jdedwards.database.base.JDBException: [DATABASE_CONNECT_FAILED] Database Connection failed for DataSource OneWorld Local - DV812.
25 Jul 2007 12:36:27,556 [SEVERE] - [BASE] com.jdedwards.base.spec.SpecException: [DATABASE_CONNECT_FAILED] Database Connection failed for DataSource BSFNUBEDSTR-D9800150C. com.jdedwards.database.base.JDBException: [DATABASE_CONNECT_FAILED] Database Connection failed for DataSource OneWorld Local - DV812.
25 Jul 2007 12:36:27,556 [SEVERE] - [BASE] com.jdedwards.base.spec.SpecException: [DATABASE_CONNECT_FAILED] Database Connection failed for DataSource BSFNUBEDSTR-D9800150C. com.jdedwards.base.spec.SpecException: [DATABASE_CONNECT_FAILED] Database Connection failed for DataSource BSFNUBEDSTR-D9800150C.
25 Jul 2007 12:36:27,571 [SEVERE] - [JAS] SpecException occured in the JDEOWDirect.getSpec(): | User Name : JDE, Environment : DV812, Role : *ALL, Language : null com.jdedwards.base.spec.SpecException: [DATABASE_CONNECT_FAILED] Database Connection failed for DataSource BSFNUBEDSTR-D9800150C.
java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC]Error establishing socket.
at com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseExceptions.createException(Unknown Source)
at com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseExceptions.getException(Unknown Source)
at com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseExceptions.getException(Unknown Source)
at com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.tds.TDSConnection.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerImplConnection.open(Unknown Source)
at com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseConnection.getNewImplConnection(Unknown Source)
om.jdedwards.database.base.JDBException: [DATABASE_CONNECT_FAILED] Database Connection failed for DataSource OneWorld Local - DV812.
at com.jdedwards.database.impl.physical.JDBConnectionManager.createNewConnection(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.database.impl.physical.JDBConnectionManager.getPhysicalConnection(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.database.impl.physical.JDBRetryableConnection.attempt(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.base.util.Retryer.retry(Unknown Source)

OneWortld Local - DV812 is the local location defined in the jdbj.ini file so that the web client is hitting the local tables instead of the Serialized Object tables used by the web server.

Here is the definition from the jdbj.ini file:

[JDBj-SPEC DATA SOURCE]
name=OneWorld Local - DV812
databaseType=M
server=localhost
serverPort=3372
database=JDELocal_DV812
physicalDatabase=JDELocal_DV812
owner=dbo
lob=false
unicode=true
databaseInstance=JDELocal
user=sa
password=

Any ideas???

I get this problem occassionally when I use snapshot to toggle between my environments (since you can only have one environment loaded on your client at a given time in 8.12). When you use snapshot, you have to stop the local database, "save", restart the local database, and then restore. I usually use SQL server service manager to stop and restart the database. However, on some occassions I'll log into the new environment (the one that I just toggled to) and try to start a local web session and I have the same problem that you've described. The local web instance in unable to resolve a connection to the local database. What I do to resolve the problem is to go into SQL enterprise manager, stop and restart the local database from there and it resolves my problem. Before restarting the database from there, it is generally described as "suspect". That confirms to me that there is a disconnect.

Another thought would be that you need to regen all of your web objects locally.

Hope it helps..

On my platform, the local datasource is identified by "Local - DV812" and not "OneWorld Local - DV812".
Perhaps it will help.
Other possibility, is your database Engine SQL Server 2000 or 2005 ? 2005 needs a different JDBC driver and setup.
Regards,
L. BIRY

Re: 8.12 WebDev client issue - Solution

All,

Well, I figured out the issue. I was using the latest SQL 2000 JDBC, I decided to apply the SQL 2005 JDBC and this resolved the issue. Remember that the jdbj.ini entry is different for the SQL 2000 and SQL 2005 JDBC drivers.

Back