2D codes

Are you talking about 2D barcodes? If so, the answer is yes. These can be handled just like any other barcode. You have a couple of choices:
1) use a barcode font
2) use one of the many commercial products available that interface with JDE report output.

I Actually print codebars EAN13 and EAN128, but i need generate and print 2D codes. I only need a font? I attached an image of 2D code. thanks

Attachments

• 175998-2DCode.JPG
    175998-2DCode.JPG
    18.7 KB · Views: 221
Re: QR codes

sorry, the name of this barcode is QR BarCode (Quick Response BarCode).

You can do this with BI Publisher, but it will require a bit of Java programming to incorporate the barcode encoding class into the BI Publisher engine.

Take a look at https://support.oracle.com/CSP/main/article?cmd=show&type=NOT&doctype=BULLETIN&id=782809.1 for info on how to do this.

You'll also need to purchase a licence for the encoding classes from a company such as ID Automation ( http://idautomation.com/cart/IDAutomation-QR-Code-Font-and-Encoder-Advantage-Package-P1079.aspx ).

Dave

thanks, i have made a vb.net 2010 software to generate them. thaks for all.

It's very simple. A QR code font or QR code control will generate 2D images. What you need to do is to download and install it on ur system. Through setting, the barcode generating function will be integrated into your project. Then you can start doing your job simply by dragging and dropping. <font color="black"> </font>

Beverly,
We are trying to use 2D Barcode in E1, you mentioned about the QR code font. Did you buy the licensed software and what are steps to incorporate the barcode in the E1 UBE?
Thank you,
David

seems it's for 1D Barcode, not for 2D barcode in BI publisher.

Anyone have experience for how to generate 2D barcode?

Hi,

I did a project for generate DataMatrix barcode (it's similar to QR). We bought a java class and code font to IDAutomation, I generated a internal BSSV for transform input string to output datamatrix string and in BIPublisher associate the font.

Regards.

Hi Alfred
What Font and Class from IDAutomation did you use?
Also Internal BSSV interested in it do you mind sharing the code please.

Thanks
Rao

Font for barcode

Hello I'm working with OneWorld XE and I'm trying to generate barcode using JDE and no other external tools. I downloaded the C 39 font but that give 1D barcode. Can you provide me with the name of the font to print 2D or 3D barcode in JDE?

Back