21 CFR 11 Auditing

Jeff George

Jeff George

Well Known Member
We recently enabled auditing on many tables, including the F0011. We are using an application called Robot Scheduler instead of the JDE scheduler. After turning on auditing the scheduled R09801 is now changing all Batch Statuses from 'Approved' to 'In Use.' This doesn't happen if we submit the job manually. Has anyone ever seen anything like this happen before when turning auditing on? This is E1 9.1, by the way.

That is odd. The audit triggers that are installed on the tables by the CFR auditing application should not affect the application logic in this way. The fact that a manual R09801 doesn't do it would point to something else such as differences in processing options, row security for the "Robot" user, etc. Are the scheduler and manual versions the same?

What I suggest is that you run two similar GL posts with debug turned on. By similar I mean processing about the same number of records and if possible the same type of batches/business units. The goal is to get a similar execution path for debug log comparison. Run one from Robot and one manually. Then use a text compare tool such as BeyondCompare to look for where the R09801 execution path deviates and leaves the batch in use. This is the approach I use whenever I have a working and non-working example that is reproducible.

Thanks for that tip. I will suggest that to the people overseeing this problem. They did reschedule the job, as a test, using the JDE Job Scheduler, and it worked fine, so the problem may somehow be laying with this 3rd party scheduling tool, though the whole situation doesn't make sense.

Back