2 questions concerning A/P Matching Doc and Detail Tables

maikeru-sama

First question, from a real world point of view, I am trying to figure out what exactly is the relationship between F0413 and F0414. I believe that F0413 is the Check Record and F0414 is everything that was paid on that Check. What blows my theory up is that you can void individual items in F0414, which is to say that you can void part of a check. I was hoping someone could clear this up.

Second question, I have written a report that shows all payments made that are tied to a POs (in a given time period specified by the user).

I am trying to figure out how to exclude payments that were voided. This is difficult because if a payment is voided, you will have at least 2 records in the F0414, a PK (Paid) and a PO (Voided/Payment Omitted).

I would like to suppress any lines where a payment was voided in an ER (assuming there isn't a way to tell in the F0413 Header Table), but not sure how exactly to do it. I thought about ordering by certain fields, checking the previous value but in some cases, you pay, you void and then you pay again (at least based on the data at our company).

Any help would be appreciated

I can answer part of your question. The F0413 Void Date VDGJ is populated when a void is done. VDGJ = Null or something like that will exlcude voids.

[ QUOTE ]
I can answer part of your question. The F0413 Void Date VDGJ is populated when a void is done. VDGJ = Null or something like that will exlcude voids.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stats, thanks for responding.

Yeah, once I did some research, I saw that I would be able to us VDGJ.

Question, in the Data Selection, should I compare VDGJ to "" or "null date". Right now, I have "is equal to "" " and that seems to work.

AS400 i5/R4
JD Edwards 8.0 B7334

I think you will get the same results in JDE comparing to " " or null date because dates are stored as six digit numbers, not as real date fields. The dates are stored:
First digit: century indicator (0 = 1900s, 1 = 2000s)
Second and third digits: last two digits of year (98, 99, 00, 01 etc)
Fourth - sixth digits: day of year (001 = Jan 1st, 365 = Dec 31, except leap year when Dec 31 is 366)

Back