2 challenges with sales order entry

Marie Sargent

Hello everyone. Perhaps you may have a thought as to how I can address these 2 challenges within sales order entry.

First, I need to stop further entry of the sales order if the detail line item as zero cost. Is there any way I can put in a 'hard stop' when costs are zero

Next, this is the most complex -- when a customer sales order is entered into the system, we want to make sure that the requested date and/or promise date are in the future beyond my manufacturing lead time for the part being ordered; and customer service doesn't want to continue manually comparing the manufacturing lead time to the requested/promise date on the customer sales order.

I would appreciate your thoughts and ideas on these 2 challenges.

Thanks MS
confused.gif

I don't remember any setup that would enable implementing these two edits. But both should be pretty straightforward to program as customizations in the order entry applications (P4210/P42101).

Hello MS,

First, have you tried a mandatory adjustment in advanced pricing?

Next, have you tried the preferences for order prep days and delivery days?

Russell Karnap
[email protected]_ (mailto:[email protected])

In a message dated 2/16/2010 4:39:59 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

Hello everyone. Perhaps you may have a thought as to how I can address
these 2 challenges within sales order entry.

First, I need to stop further entry of the sales order if the detail line
item as zero cost. Is there any way I can put in a 'hard stop' when costs
are zero

Next, this is the most complex -- when a customer sales order is entered
into the system, we want to make sure that the requested date and/or promise
date are in the future beyond my manufacturing lead time for the part
being ordered; and customer service doesn't want to continue manually comparing
the manufacturing lead time to the requested/promise date on the customer
sales order.

I would appreciate your thoughts and ideas on these 2 challenges.

Thanks MS

Marie,

Regarding the first issue about stopping orders when you have zero cost--you might try using a line level margin hold. Your margin percentage would be very high (infinite?) if you had zero cost. You could setup a hold code that would put lines on hold with margins over XXX percent.

Regarding the second issue of not wanting to manually compare manufacturing lead times to requested dates, you could use the supply and demand window to suggest a promise date which you can meet. There should be a processing option in order entry to bring up that window automatically.

The preferences for order prep days and delivery days would probably not work for you as they don't look at your planned work orders to calculate a promise date.

Andy
www.JDEtips.com

Margin check is a good idea to check on zero costs. Just a couple of things, in this case the order will be placed on hold and not blocked from creation during entry. Secondly, the margin percent is calculated as a percent of revenue, not cost if I remember right. So your magic number for the upper limit on the margin setup would be a fraction below 100.

Here is my thought:

First, I need to stop further entry of the sales order if the detail=0Aline item as zero cost. Is there any way I can put in a 'hard stop'=0Awhen cost s are zero
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0

thank you for your response. I like both ideas, we will do some 'test driving' in our dev environment and advise the outcome. regards, Marie

Back