E9.1 Limit Vendor for an SKU

richchipper

Well Known Member
I don't think I'm the only one with this issue, but we are implementing a PLM system outside of JDE and I can't seem to find anyone who knows this. Item restrictions seems to be supplier based, not item based.

I buy flour, eggs and sugar to make cookies. I only want to buy flour from Fred. I can buy Eggs from Jacob or Susan, but not from Fred because Fred sold us some bad eggs once. I can buy sugar from anyone. How can I set up the system so that these scenarios will work? The PLM system will have a list of approved vendors. My IT guy is trying to use Supplier/Item Relationships. However, my understanding is that the relationship gets set up any time you put in a purchase order. So, since I bought eggs from Fred one time, I would be allowed to buy it again. Supplier/Item Relationships also doesn't prevent me from buying flour from the 7-11 next door, even though 7-11 is not an approved vendor, because 7-11 is not restricted anywhere to purchase flour.

The workarounds seem difficult. I don't imagine we are the only company that needs an approved vendor list for purchases. Any help would be great!

Hi Ankur, could you develop your proposal? (mandatory adjustment?). Thanks

Using Advanced pricing for "Supplier Purchasing Instructions" one can setup the system so at time of PO entry, the system can protect you from rotten eggs by Fred and company....Happy reading.
Thank you! Will this ensure that I can only buy flour from Fred as well? Or do I have to set it up that I can't buy flour from Jacob and set it up again that I can't buy flour from Susan?

Back