bv

ekben

Well Known Member
hi all,
i have the problem. i created bv (F5202, F5201, F0006) and bv (F0902, F0901, F0012). my report columns: project no(F0006), client(F5201), billing last year(F0902), contract sum(F5201), start date, actual %(F5201), ....
i planned to have all in the same bv but only limited to 5 table in the bv. if i use table IO, how to put in the report with column section? there's no way to make bv talk to each other, rite?
any idea to make them populate in columnar section.

Rgds
ekben

view issue

In oracle I have not heard any limitation on this. Any number of base tables can be joined to
create view. Even views can be used to create view if I am not mistaken.
Why there's a limitation in the proprietary report writer to 5 base tables and with outer join only limited to 3 tables only. on top of this cannot join view. if i use table IO i can't populate at the same time for columnar section.
can hv the advice? thanks

rgds
ekben

Re: view issue

Ekben,

I can't give you an exact answer but the important thing to realise is that all data access in E1 is done through the jdeBase middleware. This middleware engine actually allows for distributed joins. This means that you may join tables across datasources and across physical servers. The middleware engine retrieves the candidate records from each datasource and then performs the join on the client. This process can be resource intensive and I am guessing that they put some limitations on the process in order to assure that a typical client pc could handle the process.

Take a look at the following KG document ott-00-0037 "Limits on Join Business Views"

They state the following "For performance reasons, certain limits have been set on Join Business Views. This document details those limits."

There has been some speculation that the software might have gotten a little bit smarter in XE and allowed for more tables in cross-datasource joins if those datasources actually pointed to the same physical server. I haven't tested it so I can't say for sure.

Regards,

Hi ekben,

Justin is right.

As far as I know, some case of imitation on BSVW is, that EO1 can run on multiple type and mixed platform.

You wrote: "if i use table IO, how to put in the report with column section?"

Simply place an appropriate Data Dictionary item onto the section and fetch the value with table i/o into this RV report variable.

Regards,

Zoltán

Back