DD changes not reflecting in application

johnsnow

Recently tried modifying standard DD descriptions and column titles . This DD belongs to localization.
Changed value of Row description and column title value. Put the same value in Row description and Column title
example:
Original values of DD: Row description : ABC ABCDEF
Column Title:ABC
Notice different values in Row description and column title

Changed values:
Original values of DD: Row description : GHIJ KLMN
Column Title:GHIJ KLMN
Notice same values in Row description and column title

After modifying the DD , restarted Enterprise server service and deleted dd* gl* files , restarted the JAS also . But changes not reflecting in Form of application (this also belongs to localization application ). It should reflect GHIJ KLMN.
Finally we went to design of the application(form) and override the text for that DD in the field( changed from ABC ABCDEF to GHIJ KLMN) . Ideally we should not have changed at form design level. Please suggest why DD change from DD application not reflected in application form .

I wonder if maybe just building an update package with affected app(s) would have forced the update to show.

I wonder if maybe just building an update package with affected app(s) would have forced the update to show.
No , update package not reflected the DD change from DD application . Override DD text from Application/Form design from Omw made the changes to reflect in WEb. I would suspect below changed values not correct compared to original values.
Changed values:
Original values of DD: Row description : GHIJ KLMN
Column Title:GHIJ KLMN
Notice same values in Row description and column title

I think it's captured in the object specs when 1st used, so you will have to edit the objects now.

Back