B4101220 - Documentation

Report_Writer

Need Help!!! We are using BF B4101220 - F41021 Calculate Quantity Available Shell. in the branch plant constants Avalibility rule, we have only 'Quantity Hard Committed to SO ' selected to be subtracted to get the Available Quantity. But it seems like BF B4101220 is adding the Quantity on PO also to the equation and bringing an Available Quantity which reflectes the 'On PO Quantity'. We aee using BF B4101220 for getting the values. Can anyone provide me the documentation for this business function? I am not sure whether we are passing the right index values or using the correct loop functionality (which are parameters for this BF) properly.
E8.12, Windows Server 2003, SQL Server 2005

2nd in a row. Oracle asked me the same question this morning

RW

If you have an old installation or demo then you might be lucky to find it there.

Chan

cNoFetchLoop should only be populated with 1 if you're passing quantities into the function. When it's blank it will fetch from F41021.

mnIndex is the which index of F41021 to use.
mnKeys is the number of fields in the index to use.

So if you want inventory by item/branch use index=1 and keys=2

If you want by item/branch/location index=1 and keys=3

Turn on tracing and checkout the jdedebug.log. The output parameters to B4101220 should show the calculation (+ and - for the buckets).

You may want to try our Object Browser to play with the function and JDETrace tool to work with the debug log.

Take a look at the attached snippet of code. We had to do something similar for calculating quantity on hand. B4100730 uses the branch plant constants to determine what to use in the qty on hand calculation. We were also excluding locations on hold.

Attachments

• 149083-Calc Qty on hand example.txt
    5.1 KB · Views: 517
Back