Works Order Double Component Issue

robert911

hello

firstly im a user of jde so my knowledge is a little limited. so please forgive any basic mistakes below.

we automatically issue components, complete works orders and ship confirm ST document types via a custom program that was developed. the program checks wo component availability and will only complete if sufficient stock. the programs which are called are P31113, P563114 and P564205, but we've had a problem where an issue of a component was doubled even though there wasnt sufficient sotkc of that item. this has caused the cogs to roll up incorrectly for the finished item i.e. the compelted work order.

i think that the issues are dont via backflush as well from the completion if that makes sense

any tips or advice on why/how this might have occured?

thanks

"via a custom program that was developed"

I don't think we can help you.

Hi,

Would the issue you are seeing happens on all WO using the custom programs or just a couple? Have you tried creating WO's using the standard (unmodified) JDE programs and see if the issue can be replicated?

Hope this helps.

[ QUOTE ]
Hi,

Would the issue you are seeing happens on all WO using the custom programs or just a couple? Have you tried creating WO's using the standard (unmodified) JDE programs and see if the issue can be replicated?

Hope this helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

we rarely issue components/complete works orders manually and when we have we have never encountered this issue.

the custom program more or less just "calls" the other programs so in a sense it is operating with the standard functionality.

if we put that to one side what could cause a double issue of components

Hi,Robert911
I had received a similar issue from one of my customers.
It was caused by network problem !
At first, I suspected it was caused by user clicked the complete button twice as the system was running very slowly.
Finally, The customer told me that they found one of their switch worked abnormally. Then they used another take the place of it. The problem dispeared.

Hi,

Are you are using backflush or superbackflush programs...the user(s) might be confused with programs popping up and might have issued it twice...i have seen this before on my users, so technically training issue but you also have to check oracle support for bugs on certain programs being called as it might lead to oracle fixes to test.

Robert,

I see that this is a very old post but I have recently had similar issues happening. I would like to know what version you are running? Also, did you ever resolve what was happening? We are still investigating as we have a number of problems related to the P31113 screen. One such problem now has an ESU to fix - Row exit to close line JM18246, Bug details 21108552.

regards

Back