Websphere 5 on 8.93.K1

KenM

KenM

We are running EO8.9 on Windows and Unix boxes using tools release 8.93.K1 and Websphere 4. When we tried to install Websphere 5 some months ago, (different team of individuals doing install) we had problems getting it to work. I don't know the reasons and if it had to do with the tools release, but we're running fine on Websphere 4 right now.

I realize that 8.93 is nearing the end of its life cycle (8.93.S1 with no updates since March 2005), but we have a need to upgrade to Websphere 5. Because of procedures and requirements from our management and corporate management, it is difficult and time consuming to get approval and install a new tools release installed.

Has anyone successfully installed Websphere 5 with EO8.9 on tools release 8.93.K1? Has anyone had problems installing Websphere 5 on EO8.9 on tools release 8.93.K1? What problems should we expect above and beyond normal?

Search words: 8.9.3.K1 893K1 8.93.K1 Websphere WS5 upgrade EO8.9 E8.9 B8.9 B89 E89 service pack

Hello,

We had JAS up on WebSphere 5 with Tools Release 8.93_I on Sun/Oracle. If you would like to speak in further detail, please let me know....You can email me at [email protected]

Matthew

Back