Viewing information on JDE run thru robot (help systems)

HDdresser

We need to allow person A and Person B (backup person) to view job information, completetion information, etc. in JDE on a job run by robot(help systems). Admin accounts excluded If I set a robot job up to run as a robot user profile then no one other than that robot user can see the job information. If I run the job thru robot as person A then Person B cannot see that information. What suggestions are available to run a job as a robot user account but allow person A and person B to review that information but also not allow person A and person B be able to see job information about a totally different job? We want to use robot to run multiple jobs for many different disciplines but we would only want to allow access to view job information dicipline by dicipline. Any help appreciated.

The only way that I was able to get around this issue was to create a new OW user account (like RBTSCHED so the ID is identifable meaning Robot Schedule). Set up the job within Robot as normal but on the RUNUBE command point it to use this new RBTSCHED user ID. Then run the job via Robot.

Next, providing your users have access to change the user ID and view other peoples jobs within Work with Server or Work Submitted Jobs, you tell them the RBTSCHED user ID to search on. They change the user ID and put that in and click Find and should see your one job run via Robot.

If your users are unable to change the user ID and it's secured to just their own, then you might want to have a developer copy the Work Submitted Jobs or Work with Servers application and hard code in that particular RBTSCHED user ID. Then put this new application on their menu.

Back