Non stock purchase order lines

alanmacc

Hi,
Looking for some help if anybody has come across this before, we are using JDE Enterprise One and when raising purchase orders we have 2 standard options
OP -Purchase Order
OJ - Purchase Order - Non Stock

When using the OP type order you must enter a valid Material number on every line

When using OJ you need only enter an account number (G/L Code)

Is there any way on an OP purchase order you can include a non stock line?

To fill this in a but more, we have a new run of labels to be manufactured, I have the label cost but on the order I want to include the cost for a new plate for printing which is a one off cost.

Is this possible??

I know on some systems this is a function (as an experienced SAP user this was a function available in SAP)

Thanks in advance

Alan

System - Oracle JDE Enterprise One - Windows 7 - office 2010 - running on Citrix server

Hi,
"When using the OP type order you must enter a valid Material number on every line

When using OJ you need only enter an account number (G/L Code)"

Actually this is driven by line type, not doc type.
So you're looking at entering a non-stock purchase order line,for this you need a line type defined with inventory interface = 'N'. Another setting to consider for the line type is the "Edit Item Master" flag, if 'Y' then GL Class will come from item master (you need to create the item), else GL Class comes from line type definition.
Other things to consider :
- Order activty rules => driven by order type/line type combination
- Accounting entries (DMAAIs) => driven by Company/order type/Gl class combination

Hope this helps,

Tom

Back