NEWBIE: Need to know how to call Crystal Report from JDE OneWorld

pbare

Well Known Member
I am beginning to develop using JD Edwards Oneworld Release B7334; Service Pak 22 and need to know if I can create and run Crystal Reports (ver 8) from JDE.

Any information would be appreaciated
pbare

Well, you can't create Crystal Reports from JDE. You need to use the Crystal Reports Designer to design and create reports.

It IS possible to run specific Crystal Reports from JDE - say as a Row exit in Customer Service Inquiry and you pass a Sales Order # to the report as a parameter. You'd have to wrap the Crystal runtime report viewer in VB or C# code or whatever you're comfortable with as a programming language. Your code should take the SO# as a command line argument and pass it to the Crystal Report Viewer object. In E1 your Row Exit code would need to use the BSFN that lets you execute/run an external program - which would be the name of your little custom program. Net, net it can be done (we do it here on fat clients) but you'll have to do some coding first.

One more add-on.

After rereading your original post I wondered if all you're asking is whether or not you can run Crystal Reports against a JDE database. In which case the answer is yes.

Back