Mass Cancel Purchase Orders

richchipper

Well Known Member
Can the EDI process be used to mass cancel purchase orders? Or is there another method anyone has found to complete this task?

If you have found a method, is there a way to duplicate it automatically? Meaning, every Monday, I want to run a process that will cancel all PO's that are more than six months past due...

Thanks in advance.

There is a batch program that I have used in the past to do a batch cancel, however it only works for nonstock or expenditure type orders. It is the encumbrance rollover R4317.
It would seem this could also be accomplished through use of an orchestration.

Hi Marcia, looking for the similar thing, has it worked for you canceling expenditure PO using R4317? and option what sort of options available in Orchestration. Is there're a standard process to cancel PO using this?

Hi Marcia, looking for the similar thing, has it worked for you canceling expenditure PO using R4317? and option what sort of options available in Orchestration. Is there're a standard process to cancel PO using this?

Yes, I have successfully used R4317 to batch cancel expenditure POs. You will need to set the processing option for a cancel of the line and of course, you need some kind of data selection criteria for selecting the records you want to cancel.

With regards to Orchestrations, I haven't specifically set this up yet but I have been creating multiple form request Orchestrations with success and it would seem reasonable that you could create an Orchestration that contains a form request that cancels POs.

Thanks for your reply :) about R4317 I presume you may have used it for order sitting in opened FY or i don't think it works for prior years order where GL is closed?

It can be used to cancel lines in prior years. In the processing options, you have to put a decommit date and ledger type (generally encumbrances are the PA type) and it cancels the line, even if the GL date of the line is in a prior year.

For service type orders that we're looking to cancel do not happen to have PA commitment. We haven't had PA commitment control not activated for regular service orders.

That's fine. You can assign whatever ledger type you want. It uses that ledger type to record the cancellation against in the PO ledger.

Back