• Welcome to the upgraded JDELIST forum and thank you for your patience.
    Please restrict discussions and issues regarding the new forum software to the Off Topic forum. We will be monitoring that forum for issues.
    If you have trouble logging in, please reset your password using the forgotten password form: https://www.jdelist.com/community/index.php?lost-password/
    If you are unable to successfully reset your password, please contact us: Click here!
    We hope that you enjoy the upgraded forum.
  • Introducing Dark Mode! Switch by clicking on the lightbulb icon next to Search or by clicking on Default style at the bottom left of the page!

JDE Security

Hi guys,

my company created a software which queries databases. We want to be able to query a JDE db with some security features. I have to find a way to know if a user has enough rights to access a table.

I know there are plenty of stuff in the 12 datadictionary tables, especially in the F00950 table, but I don't know how it works.

My objective is to know if a specific user has enough right to access a table and if he hasn't, then deny his request.

Do you have any idea or document on that particular point ?

Thank you for you help !
Antoine

jjanowski

I am understanding this is an external JDE application…

You will use the F00950. Query FSSETY = 4, where FSUSER = (Profile, Group/Roles, *PUBLIC). Table restricted is in FSOBNM, watch for *ALL's. Logic will also have to depend on Inclusive/Exclusive settings…

This will require complex logic where Row Security has to be interpreted correctly. My above notes are just a basic start…