IT transaction P4113 in P4111

jkhan24

jkhan24

Hi,

I have come accross an issue with inventory transfer transaction using P4113 for which I could see only 1 entry in Item cardex (p4111). The entry displayed is for the positive quantity and not for the negative qty.

Adding to the issue I have found that the lot quantity involved in the transaction has been consumed to zero into the work order.

I am trying to analyse the issue and will keep updating.

[ QUOTE ]
Hi,

I have come accross an issue with inventory transfer transaction using P4113 for which I could see only 1 entry in Item cardex (p4111). The entry displayed is for the positive quantity and not for the negative qty.

Adding to the issue I have found that the lot quantity involved in the transaction has been consumed to zero into the work order.

I am trying to analyse the issue and will keep updating.

[/ QUOTE ]

Further I have found that the inventory transfer Doc number is displaying a weird piece of information. From Qty, From Location and From Lot are blank but 'To' information are correct. Tried to replicate this situation but failed by all means. With blank Qty, Location and Lot, system displays error message 'Lot number invalid'.

Then I tried to reverse the existing IT record, but even that is displaying error on blank lot number.

Still working on it and will keep posting the situation.

Could it be a security issue where the user does not have access to the receiving business unit?

Regards
Wayne

Hi,

I am facing the same issue as you are describing.
1 inventory transfer that contains 5 transactions, same FROM Location to 5 differents TO Locations. 5 positive transactions are posted to the cardex for the TO Locations, but only 3 negative transactions are posted to the cardex for the FROM Location. 2 negative transactions are missing.
Have you been able to identify the issue ?
Thank you very much.

Hi, my apology for delayed reply. Please allow me to take this open ended issue to conclusion.
I was never able to replicate this issue. During investigation I found 4 more transaction of such nature occurring in the same week. Such incident was never reported before and after that till date. Hence we have left it as an isolated incidence.
To correct the discrepancies, we have implemented 4 stage resolution for this issue which are as follows.
1. Developed a custom UBE to add/edit on-hand qty (F41021:pQOH). Its a simple UBE that will carry user specified qty value in the processing option and will update the same in F41021:pQOH. No complex validation here.
2. Inserted qty equal to the one used in inventory transfer at F41021:pQOH using this custom UBE
3. Created a new document type 'I5' to be used in P4112 for correcting any discrepancies in cardex (F4111) only. Using this P4112 we have induced I5 transaction that will consume quantity that we have created at point-2. This transaction brings cardex into balance as negative transaction from original Inventory Transfer (IT)was missing causing imbalance in cardex. At this point, F41021:pQOH has become zero as desired because the qty in the original IT transaction was already consumed by WO long back
4. For I5 transaction created at point-3, we wanted to have zero impact on GL hence we have routed Credit and Debit entries to same account in the GL batch

This brought Cardex (F4111) in balance without affecting Item Lot Location file (F41021) and GL (F0911).

Let me know if anything better trick is available to handle such issues in a better way for future.

Back