Fixed Rows in a grid

venkateshg

Hi all,
Iam a silent reader and user of this forum. I nead a idea from this forum gurus.

Hers we go

Is there any way to make fixed rows in a Grid. Example i want show, write, update only 5 grid rows, User can/should not add more than 5 rows. 5 rows should be fixed.

We can use some thing like the following,
<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
0001 Get Max Grid Rows(FC Grid, VA frm_GridRowCount)
0002 FC Count Field = [VA frm_GridRowCount]-1
0003 If FC Count Field is greater than "5.000"
0004 Set Grid Cell Error(FC Grid, <Currently Selected Row>, <All Columns>, "E59HR10D")
0005 End If

</pre><hr />

I just noted that this post is 11 and 1/2 years old and the poster, venkateshg, has not been on JDEList since a week after the original post.

I have seen a number of others that have been "caught" replying to an old post with a fix or answer and not repeating the request, but this is the first time I have been "caught".

However, in the unlikely event that this information is useful to someone, I'm leaving my post intact and not deleting it.

venkateshg,

Depending on the reasons for the grid row limit and the application and grid use (it is not easy to advise without this information), you could create the grid with 5 rows in the ER code (probably in the Find Button Clicked event)), without linking it to a business view and remove any ability of the user to delete or create rows. If applicable, in the appropriate event, update the business view(s)/table(s) in the ER code.

Back