Exce; Upload of Media Objects

jdeow1

Hello Friends,
Is it possible to do an excel upload of Media Objects during the Address Book and Item Master Upload.

Thankx in advance

OW XE SP1

Hello,

Are you using Interoperability to upload item master records and addressbook entries?

As far as i know there it isn't possible to upload attachments with interoperability. However writing a SQL Script, VBscript to do such an insert in the F00165 (after the initial insert in F0101 and F4101 and the adresnumber and shortitemnumber are generated) isn't that difficult.

Can post an example if necessary.

Best regards,

Re: Excel Upload of Media Objects

No...I'm not using any Interoperability.I just want to excel upload Media Objects for entries in the F0101 table using a Headerless detail form.

Thanks in advance

jdeow1,

Is it plain text or OLE objects?

2 possibilities to automate:
- Duplicate JDEdwards method: Grid containing Addressbooknumber and path to OLE Object - Insert into F00165
- Plain text: Drop plain text into Excel with Addressnumber and use a script to uplaod into F00165 (mind the lenght of the string (field in F00165).

Will follow the thread....

Hi,
I hv tried inserting the data in F00165 using an excel sheet.But then when i go to Address Book Revisions i cant see the Media Object attached to the AN8.
Also when a media obj is attached to an address no. using the JDE standard address book revisions,it goes in as a pointer.But using an Insert in my customised application(Headerless Detail) the data goes in as Text.
Thankx

what is the step to upload and import to and from excell sheet ?

I need it tow much any one help me ?

jdeow1,
We use one excel to upload all F00165 data. We just put the data into the sheet, link the table F00165 to access and make a copy and paste. You can also link the excel worksheet to access as a table and make a direct SQL command

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 76421-Attachment Template- F00165.xls
    13.5 KB · Views: 170
Back