EnterpriseOne 9.1.4.3 or 9.1.4.4

Ankit Kathpalia

Hi All,

I wanted to check if someone has installed EnterpriseOne 9.1.4.3 or 9.1.4.4

We are currently running on 9.1.4.2 and want to see if there are any possible issues with moving newer tools release. Also, if someone is aware of net changes that have come up in these tools release

I just installed 9.1.4.4 in our test environment yesterday. There were several bug fixes, including data dictionary default value retrievals (numeric default values weren't being retrieved correctly). They also added support for IE 11 with TR 9.1.4.4.

I have run into an issue with Cafe One layouts that was supposed to have been fixed in TR 9.1.4.4 but is still a problem. I just logged an SR with MOS for this issue in which related forms are showing up in the Open Applications part of Server Manager each time the main layout application receives focus (from another JDE application). This could possibly lead to memory leakage, and we all know that never ends well!
This won't be an issue if you're not planning on using the Cafe One layouts.

By the way, Oracle has already pulled 9.1.4.2 and 9.1.4.3 off the Update Center, so I wouldn't use either of those TR's.

That's all I've run into so far.

Hi. We went live with 9.1.4.3 about 2 weeks ago. Do you have the bug number for the data dictionary default value issue? I was not aware of it.

In looking at the TR 9.1.4.4 Deployment Server html file, it lists bug # 18180564 under TR 9.1.4.3, and then also bug # 18266745 under TR 9.1.4.4, both with the description "JDEDDVALIDATION API NOT WORKING".
That being the case, you may have the fix in 9.1.4.3 already. You may want to check with Oracle support to make sure.

We saw an instance of the problem when running P3003 to add an item routing. The default value for the Yield field is 100, and in TR 9.1.4.2 this field was defaulting as zero (0). Once we upgraded to TR 9.1.4.4, the field correctly defaulted to 100.

After working with our MOS rep, I found that by clearing my browser cache (yes, I should have done that myself), the problem with the Cafe One layouts is resolved. I no longer see multiple occurrences of the same apps in the Open Applications area in Server Manager. Onward and upward!

Back