E1 9.2 advance release notes or value prop and net change information

rsvconsulting

rsvconsulting

VIP Member
Does anyone have any advance information that you can share on E1 9.2 release. There are 9.2 links on KG (metalink) but they are all dead ends as Oracle has not posted anything yet.

Please let me know if you have any information or any links where I can find 9.2 information.

Thanks,

Al M.

E1 9.1.2 TR 9.1.4.4

Last edited:
Here is another document I found. Very exciting...I think.

Attachments

• Announcing JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Applications Release 9.2.pdf
    274.4 KB · Views: 235
Thanks Jon.
As I keep discussing with some of the technical folks, I am told that there is no straight path to upgrade to JDE Release 9.2 from any version prior to 9.0 and clients would have to upgrade to JDE 9.0 or 9.1 and then upgrade to JDE 9.2. I have some specific questions on these and it would be of great help if it can clarified for a non-techie like me.

a). Does this mean for clients who are in earlier versions have to undergo a two step process - first upgrade to JDE 9.1 and then JDE 9.2 - for me this just means double the effort. Am I correct in my assumption. Does additional time need to be factored in for planning an upgrade from XE to JDE 9.2
b). Would client need to buy licenses separately for JDE 91 and JDE 9.2 - this would mean additional cost implication for clients planning an upgrade
c). Does this apply for completely custom objects - can developers boomerang objects directly from XE to JDE 9.2

Thanks.

Govind

Back