Converting existing RPG/400 programs to read from DB2/UDB on iSeries

piyush

Hello friends,

We are in the middle of migrating from the JDE World A 7.3 to Enterprise One 8.12. We are JDE user for last 15 years. We had developed a customized Payroll application in RPG/400 integrated with A7.3. In the first phase we have planned not to migrate to EOne payroll module as it will be affecting our timelines badly and use the RPG/400 based payroll as it is. However our developers are faced with a problem i.e. in iSeries all tables show graphic fields in DB2/UDB of EOne. As a result update/read of data from the JDE Eone table is a problem. Our programmers are familiar with RPG/400 and use CHAIN for reading /updating data.

Any suggestions on how to convert these statements in ILE RPG so that it can read the DB2/UDB data of EOne on iSeries.

Any conversion tools available?

Any help/guidance will be highly appreciated as we are stuck due to criticality of Payroll system.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Piyush

Hi Piyush,

Could you please do a favor for me (and perhaps others) and re-state the problem your developers are having with graphic columns? I couldn't quite make out what the issue was. And just to take a quick stab at it, do you mean BLOB columns?

Thanks,

-KV, Sr.

Back