Clone P986110B Job Control Master

Adrian_Chimirel

Adrian_Chimirel

Legendary Poster
Hi,
Has anybody (successfully) created a custom APPL to Find/Browse Submitted Jobs, using a view over F986110?
I was looking (in a prevous post) for a way to allow the user to SEE what is happening with the UBEs she is launching to be processed on the ES, and I didn't get any sophisticated reply.
Therefore, currently, I am able to call the P986110B through Form Interconnect, BUT it has to be filled in (MANUALLY, go figure) with QBE for the Date Job Submitted, and, which is worse, there's no way of clicking the Find button UNTIL the UBEs jobs get to the finish point :(
I started developing the above mentioned clone, BUT F986110 resides on svm7333 Oracle owner, therefore something is missing (my application's grid is sooooooo empty.
Any inputs will be appreciated.
Thank you,
Adrian Chimirel

Xe U3 SP17, Oracle 806, Citrix, HTML, FormScape 2.1 Ent RS/6000, AIX 4.2, Dep NT4

Adrian,

I tried and failed...this is what I was able to understand before I gave up...

If you look at the P986116 [Work with Servers]->Form W986116A [Work with Servers] it calls(menus/toolbar->server job->button clicked) the P986110B->W986110BA and passes it a Server Name and a Security Flag. But before it makes this call it also calls B9861101 [F986110 DS OVERRIDE->SetF986110DS] function and passes the GC Data Source the user selected.

I made a 55 copy of P986116 and hard coded the Data Source in the B9861101 function and made a call to the new 55 copy of P986110B->W986110BA and forced a "Find" on W986110BA but it did not work...I ran out of time to try other ideas and moved on with life....

I would be interested if you find a solution or get further....

Faisal
B7331 SP7.1, SQL 7, NT, Citrix and HP
Moving to XE

Faisal, I looked there, that's the precise way I am able now to see the Jobs; my problem is 90% solved in the first 10% of the assigned time :) I hope the other 10% of my problem won't take ALL 90% of my scheduled period. We will get it done before deadline!

I keep my fingers crossed, did you post this issue on JDEList? If JDEList doesn't give an elegant solution, NOBODY does.

Gurus from all over the world, please, don't ignore us!

Xe U3 SP17, Oracle 806, Citrix, HTML, FormScape 2.1 Ent RS/6000, AIX 4.2, Dep NT4

Adrian,

Be careful if you have the original P986116->P986110B or P986110B open and try your new 55 application it will work and you will be happy that it worked ...Just like me... but as soon as you close the original P986116->P986110B and rerun your new 55 application it might not work...This is what happened to me...

Test it out....

As for your "Date in QBE" and/or "Find" issue on P986110B. Pass a 1 in the cMode (I think the third argument to P986110B) and it should pull up all the rows for that user[setup the 55 sort by last first]..If my memory serves me right and I am understanding your question right...For further investigation look at the P98305-Submitted jobs hyper exit for some details...

Faisal

Yes Faisal, I've noticed it.
It means there is/might be a DataSource activated by WWS->Submitted Job Search.
And this is what I'm trying to do in order to allow my clone to function properly!
But I failed to identify it (the Data Source); ... still digging ... already reading - carefully - the P98305 :)

As for the cMode, it is already 1, thanks, AGAIN ;)
Adrian
PS I learned from Justin Miller's "RE: Submitted Jobs" post, about recording job history through Native DB/TER triggers; it still doesn't accommodate our appl. Why? Because it will keep the user screen frozen until the D(one)/E(rror) record is written in the history table; no feed-back, she may get impatient and kill the process, and who wants that?

Hi Ady,

I cross my fingers for you.
I am not experienced with P986110B Job Control Master at all, but why did you reject to communicate with the UBE via a reacord in a custom table as I suggested in a reply to your previous thread. I also replied you a hint there, how check something in a WHILE loop meanwhile the screen is not frozen and the user can interact on the Form, further you can accomplish to break the "watching" loop based on a special user action (e.g. pressing a Break button or Form Exit).

GOOD LUCK,

Zoldy

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)

EUREKA! The fingers crossed have done their magic!
The "F986110 DS Override" did the trick! That is why our clone was not working ... ALONE; it needed this override.
My main application launches the UBEs, then calls the clone and, the grid shows the way I want it!
NOW it's time to apply your suggestion Zoldy: instead of having the user to click on the Find button (in order to see when the jobs are done), the program will do it until the UBE's statuses go to D/E, and finally the user is taken back to the main appl.
And tomorrow is just another day.
Thank you everybody,
Lucky Adrian

Servus Lucky Adrian,

Glad to read that you finally solved your main problem.
Would you please tell us how did you applied my suggestion after you finished with it? Thanks in advance!

Zoldy
P.S.: I am also glad that I can straighten my fingers. Very hard to drive with crossed fingers :)))

Servus Zoldy,
I did apply your suggestion and I'm sorry to say it didn't work :( My guess is, it was applicable to the old problem ;)
The assumptions changed (somehow). Now, I have a Find/Browse form showing the submitted jobs in the Grid.
1-I'm suppressing those (old) jobs that are of status D(one), and
2-I'm showing those on status W(aiting)/S(ubmitted)/P(rocessing) ONLY, AND
3-I'm enforcing a while loop (click Find button IF there STILL are rows on status W/S/P) using FC Processing's Control Exited/Changed-IN-Line!
4-It works fine (without crossed fingers, can you believe it?), having two rows (jobs submitted) ONLY, they disappear one after another :)
5-It is definitely showing the user that ... SOMEthing is happening, therefore she is momentarily happy!
The NEW aspects one may be contemplating, follow:
A1-The loop is unbreakable now (remember, it's IN-Line), and
A2-The screen is ... fuzzy, the mouse pointer toggles with a VERY high frequency between hourglass and indicator, and
A3-The first row in the grid changes its background, (with ALMOST the same frequency as the mouse does), from Selected_WHITE to not-Selected_BLACK :(
Peace and understanding,
Adrian Chimirel
PS1 Attached is my code.
PS2 Hope you won't keep yours fingers crossed while driving, anymore, eh?

Of course I forgot WHERE that attachment buton is!

Attachments

• 3-31651-P55SJOBS.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 135
Servus Ady,

First, thanks for you update.

Here are my comments, minor hints:

1.) Try to place your while loop into the Asynch event and test that is it breakable or not further how does the form behaves (is there any change to the In-Line solution)? In the first step to try this, just Tab out from this field manually.

Note: I suppose the Asynch scenario for the following.

2.) You can disable the Find and Close button before your While start and enable them after the While. This prevent the user to interact with these button while the loop is running but she/he has the Break possibility.

3.) If your form still flashing then:
3.a.) Yyou can include a delay loop (approx. 1 sec) to the end of your While loop, of course, include the break condition into this loop too.
3.b.) Check somehow that is there any changes and press Find only on changes.

Some very minor hint:
4.) Indicate the number of Jobs On Process in a Form Control for the user.
5.) You can drive a traffic lamp on the form for the user to indicate what's hapennig. E.g. red - looping, green - loop ended and #Jobs is zero, yellow - loop had been breaked.
5.) If the user requires some more and dynamical indication about something is happenning in the background then you can make flashing something (e.g. the red lamp, a text "still working ...", animate, etc.) in your While loop with the same delay.

Really hope, it will work.
Maybe you will have problems how to force the Asynch event on the Form control. If yes, let us know and maybe we can figure out a solution. If no, then let us know how do you solved it.

Happy expermenting,

Zoldy

Servus Zoldy,
Back from the long week-end; and here are my observations:
1 When I place the loop into the Asynch event, it won't engage! No flashing (even when I tab-out manually); thus there's nothing to break :(
2 & 3 are redundant as far as process in 1 doesn't start.
4 The number of jobs is ALREADY indicated by the FC Processing (by the way, did you see my previously attached code?)
5 How do you drive a trafic lamp on the form? I can change an Edit type control's colour (FC Processing) but my code doesn't change its colour to Red while coolping; it gets ONLY green, AFTER the submitted jobs processing has (successfully) ended.
I really DO appreciate your wonderful/formidable patience,
Ady

Hi Ady,

Just briefly this time.

Why do you think that your ER in the Asynch event don't start or don't run. Please, make a quick test:
1.) Place 2 new form control onto the form FC1 and FC2, based on the same DD Item.
2.) Remove the Press Find logic (disable) from the While loop in the Asynch event and add the assignment:
FC1 = FC2
into the loop.
3.) Test the application:
3.a.) Change the content of your FC containing the While loop in the Asynch event and tab out from this control.
3.b) Change the content of FC1 and exit FC1 and see, what appears in FC2.
3.c.) Check that can you Close the Form without break your (supposly running) loop in the Asynch event.

Maybe, pressing Find in an Asynch event is a bit illegal operation. If this is the case then you can populate the grid other way in the Asynch event if it is really required.

About driving trafic lamp:
A.) When you change a form attribute (Show/Hide, Colour, etc.) in a NON-Asynch event then it will take effect only when the event ended but supposly (almost) immediately when you issue the changes in an Asynch event.
B.) You have to have one icon or bitmap for each trafic lamp setting and you have to place them as Bitmap on the form, overlapped on each the other and you can drive them with Hide/Show combinations.

You can find a lot of icon, bitmaps, .gif under the "res" subfolder of OW or you can extract them from the standard NT set or you can create your own with any graphical editor to simulate the trafic lamp.

That's all for now.

Zoldy

Hello Zoldy,
Thanks for the details, and,
You got it right! I am doing a Find in the loop :)
What would be the " ... other way ...", 'cause it's really required, indeed.
Warm regards,
Ady
PS The traffic lamp EMULATION is a known tip ;) I just had the impression JDE added it already, ... and I missed it :)

Hi Everyone,

Though this thread is more than 12 years old now, but I think my question would best fit in here.

Using the cloned application for viewing submitted jobs, can you guys access the RD output? Please share your thoughts.

Back