EDI; Inovis TrustedLink System i; not committed to A91 release?

Eric Lehti

VIP Member
fellow EDI users. I am dismayed and disheartened to see this on a contract proposal from Inovis for TrustedLink System i.
"Licensee understands and agrees that Inovis shall have no obligation to provide Maintenance, upgrades or updates for the JDE Template Kit."

As we plan to upgrade to A91 very soon, TrustedLink will be inoperable at A91. The A73 templates are good at our current release, but we need an EDI partner who is committed to JDE WorldSoftware for the long-term.
How are you EDI TrustedLink users dealing with this issue?
EricL

We're a Trusted Link user, and we've convinced ourselves, rightly or wrongly, that this isn't an issue for us because we don't even know what the JDE Template Kit is. I've been assuming it relates to some really old version of World when, perhaps, there was an EDI/400 menu as part of the system.
I'm not the EDI person here, but my understanding is that we use Trusted Link to map the EDI data in and out of the various System 47 files, and we use JDE batch processes to generate the System 47 data for outgoing documents, and to convert it into "real" System 42, 43 etc. data for incoming documents. When the mapping process isn't enough to handle the requirement, we write a bit of custom code. There isn't anything called a Template Kit in the loop anywhere.

We don't expect any of this to be affected very much by our A9.1 upgrade, except where the file structure is changing.

Are we missing something?

Jon Curry, The JDE templates are for A73, from what I was told. The templates simplify your implementation of TrustedLink, as these provide the interface between TrustedLink's EDI to the JDE F47* files. The kit is very useful to a WorldSoftware A73 user, and enhances the value of Inovis.
One of the early adopters (M.C.) of A91 explained at OpenWorld conference a couple weeks and said that Inovis did not have the A91 templates ready but would consider doing the A91 templates on a for-pay basis. So this customer wrote their own interface to the F47 files, as these changed with the A91 releasee.
<grin> Now if you or we pay Inovis to develop the A91 templates for our upgrade, Inovis might offer this code at no charge to subsequent A91 customers! </grin>
ericl

Back