Transaction Processing (TP) Boundary defined at the BSFN Level (instead of UBE/APPL)

BOster

BOster

Legendary Poster
Is it possible to initiate a transaction and define a transaction boundary at the BSFN level and extend it to called BSFNs?

I know I can use JDEDB_COMMIT_MANUAL and JDB_CommitUser/JDB_RollbackUser for DB updates within a single BSFN but I would like to start a TP inside of a BSFN and extend that transaction boundary to other called BSFNs much the same way I would from a UBE or from an APPL and any user handles opened with JDEDB_COMMIT_AUTO would operate within that TP just like they do with UBE/APPL transactions.

The following APIs in jdekprto.h look like they might do something like that, but I can't find any pristine examples where they are used.

KRNL_RTN(JDEDB_RESULT) JDEWINAPI JDB_BeginTransaction(HUSER);
KRNL_RTN(JDEDB_RESULT) JDEWINAPI JDB_CommitTransaction(HUSER);
KRNL_RTN(JDEDB_RESULT) JDEWINAPI JDB_RollbackTransaction(HUSER);
KRNL_RTN(JDEDB_RESULT) JDEWINAPI JDB_CancelUserTransaction(HUSER);

Hi Brian,

Here is how you can do it:

// create HUSER with manual commit
JDB_InitUser(hEnv, &hUser (JCHAR *)NULL, JDEDB_COMMIT_MANUAL);

// set the hUser before you call jdeCallObject
lpBhvrCom->lpObj->lpGlobalApp->lpTrxnProcessingHuser = hUser;
lpBhvrCom->lpObj->lpGlobalApp->cIncludeInParent = _J('1');

// call bsfns here ..
// jdeCallObject

// commit or rollback
//JDB_CommitUser(hUser);
//JDB_RollbackUser(hUser);

// free user
JDB_FreeUser(hUser);

Hope this helps.

Thanks, that does help a lot. I will have to give it a try. I assume I should set the lpBhvrCom values back to what they were after making the jdeCallObject calls?

Hari,
Just a follow up. Implemented your solution and it appears to work just fine. TP boundary gets extended to called BSFNs and all their children, etc. This allowed me to accomplish a couple of things w/o using built in APPL TP.

1. Implemented TP on a row exit on a power browse (which, I believe, doesn't support TP).
2. I have a mix of functions that need to write to tables immediately (outside the transaction) and other functions which need to be committed as a single transaction.

Thanks again.

Back