Remove 0's in database output

danagin

Remove 0\'s in database output

I'm running a report with database output to a flat file and all of my numeric fields are filling out with 0's to 32 characters. For example, I have a field that is Math Numeric(2), and it contains the number 1. On the database output I get "000000000000000000001.0000000000". It looks like this is happening for all numeric fields on the report. Anyone have any ideas?

Just to note, I'm working with R47042C, but I'm having this happen with other similar reports.

I have a same problem with Danagin. Could you please help us to solve this problem please ????????????

Convert it to a string with B0800001 and control the sign, decimals and precision.

Craig

Old Programmer:
"When I started programming, we didn't have any of these sissy Icons and Windows. All we had were zeroes and ones, and sometimes we didn't even have ones!"

Dilbert:
"You had zeroes? We had to use the letter "O""

Report Database output is "working as designed" with all the padding zeroes. Table conversion does not have this problem (you might already know this though..)
This is documented - E1: RDA: Database Output versus Table Conversion (Doc ID 659257.1)

Back