E1 Script Builder question...

pbare

Well Known Member
Hi All,
I hope that my problem exists between my chair and my keyboard :)

I had found a tool posted here some time ago and found it to be very useful (it helps create variables through a script)

I hadn't used it in a while but when I try to use it now, it closes out of my NER and returns to my list of functions and tries to create the variables there.

Basically I am wondering if anyone uses this utility and if so if they have had the same issue. I have about 200 variables that I need to create and I really don't want to create them from scratch

I am using EnterpriseOne 8.10

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Pam

I am guessing you downloaded this application from my site? Try downloading the latest version and see what happens. Did you pick the correct context on the left side: function, UBE, etc? Did you click in the field where you type in the alias before running the script? Is the debugger or logging on? It is possible that it is slowing down your machine and the script is running too quickly, I have seen this happen before. You can also try the new 9.0 option in the new version to see if that works on 8.10.

It's nice to hear that people are using this tool. I originally built it for my own personal use to quickly create table conversion formats and variables. Is there anyone else that is using this tool?

I am selecting Business Function and am clicking into the Edit box for the alias.

I will check to see if my debugger is on.

Where do I download the latest version from?

I really like the tool - it has saved me so much time
Thanks
Pam

Another great tool I have found is SelectVar, also available for download from my library page. Have you tried this one?

This app was written by Sebastien Leclerc. It is a huge time saver when it comes to finding the variable you want from the variable tree in assignments, BSFN assignments, and Table IO assignments. If you are not using it then you are not being as productive as you could be in E1. How much time do you spend searching for the variable you need? With this tool you just click on the drop down list, type in the few letters you know, like an alias name, and it will show you all the variables that match what you have typed. Pick the variable you want to use from the list. It is very slick.

Not sure if my previous post worked - I did download the utility from your website but unfortunately I don't have the proper permissions to install or run the file at work.

Is there any way that you can email me the utility at [email protected]

Thanks
Pam

Thank you for all the help. I finally managed to get the new version installed and working on my computer. The utility worked great - I was able to create my 200 variables without too much stress!

Pam

Script Builder

Another great tool I have found is SelectVar, also available for download from my library page. Have you tried this one?

This app was written by Sebastien Leclerc. It is a huge time saver when it comes to finding the variable you want from the variable tree in assignments, BSFN assignments, and Table IO assignments. If you are not using it then you are not being as productive as you could be in E1. How much time do you spend searching for the variable you need? With this tool you just click on the drop down list, type in the few letters you know, like an alias name, and it will show you all the variables that match what you have typed. Pick the variable you want to use from the list. It is very slick.

Scott I could not find Script Build in your site to download. Can you please upload

Back