Find on Power Edit Form

Lynnol

Hi Guys,

I have found that if a standard Find button is added on a Power Edit Form, it will not work, i.e. it will not call any logic from the Find button event rules.

I've already found a workaround to this, but is this what you have also found? Or am I simply missing something?

Thanks.

E9.00|8.98.34
Lynnol

I see no one responded to this but I am having the same issue so since this was a while ago I will see if there is any newer experience feedback. The Add and Cancel are standard and covered in the documentation but no where does it say anything about the Find not working and I find nothing on the Oracle site or on line. Interested if others have had issues as well on 9.1 release. Likely I am missing something but if what I am missing is it is not going to work or work well then maybe that would be good to know. Thanks for any feedback.

So I may have answered my own question. It seems the code in the Find button does not run but if I move it to a custom button created on the form the FC fields fill with the values I need based on the two FC fields used to find. So the ER works and I guess I could just use the find button to call the button on the form. Does not make sense to me but it looks like that works while the ER in the Find does not. Fun stuff to learn while you think they would cover the problems you might have adding non standard buttons. Just FYI ... if it is me just not creating the &Find correctly let me know.

Back