Forced Execution Of "Row Is Exitedd & Changed Inline" Event in Form

satheesh

Forced Execution Of \"Row Is Exitedd & Changed Inline\" Event in Form

Hi Everyone,
Is there a way to make Forced Execution of "Row Is Exited & Changed Inline" Event from Button click.
I want the BUTTON CLICK to work the same way as
user makes a ROW EXIT.

Replicating the same code in BUTTON is not suitable in my case.
Please Suggest a way.

B7334,AS400

Re: Forced Execution Of \"Row Is Exitedd & Changed Inline\" Event in Form

Hi satheesh,

I am not sure, that I understand clearly, what do you want to achieve.

Do you want execute taht event nevertheless to row really did not changed?

Please, elaborate your issue, requirement a bit more detailed.
The solution can be vary based on the detais.

Regards,

Zoltán

You can't force the execution of "Row is exited & changed Inline" event. If you want ti execute the code that is in that event you have 2 choices:
1) replicate the code in the button. I know to you this is not suitable in this case.
2) MOVE the code to the button or a new button. Have the "Row is exited & changed Inline" event call the button. This is really the best choice.

Hi Scott,

[ QUOTE ]
You can't force the execution of "Row is exited & changed Inline" event.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did it more times on XE, but the technique can be different in different scenarion, requirements - and generally requires a bit trial and error.

I am waiting for satheesh's answers, which clearifies his/her scenario.

Regards,

Zoltán

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply.

My scenario is:

In our customized P4210 the "Prepayment" cache is updated in "ROW is Exit & Changed Asynch" Event using "F4211 EDit Line" BSFN .
So this code will be called only if the user changes the value in GRID COL. But if the USER clicks" PREPAYMENT " EXIT with out changing the GRID col,CACHE is not loaded and the PREPAYMENT details comes as BALNK.

Is there a way to use "F4211 EDIT LINE" in "PREPAYMENT" FORM EXIT to Load ONLY the Prepayment cache and not to update any other cache(F42UI1 etc). As we are calling the END DOC in OK . If so can you give me the parameters I have to pass.

OR is there a way to call the ROW EXIT Event from Button click forcibly even if the user does not change the GRID col values.

B7334,AS400

Hi satheesh,

How to force Row Ecited & Vhanged* event:
As I mentioned, in various scenario can it be different and required from me most of the time trial and error actions.

What I would try in your scenario:
- add a hidden dummy GC field to the grid and change its value
- insert an empty Grid Buffer Row after or before (try both) into the grid and delete it immediately

This is the first chance. If it does not work, I will try to suggest other.

Let me know your results. Thanks.

Zoltán

Hi Zoltan,

Thank you.Ur first suggestion worked with few lines of extra code to SET FOCUS On GRID and again change the FOCUS to FORM .

Wrote the code in "PUSH BUTTON CLICK" Event(As per requirement) ,it did call the ROW Exit & Changed Asynch Event but only after the "POST BUTTON CLICK" Event of "PUSH BUTTON" .My req was to call the "ROW EXIT & Changed Asynch" Event before the POST BUTTON CLICK Event executes ,So did a bit of work around and is now working.

Once again thanks a lot to every one.

Satheesh

Hi Satheesh,

[ QUOTE ]
My req was to call the "ROW EXIT & Changed Asynch" Event before the POST BUTTON CLICK Event executes ,So did a bit of work around and is now working.

[/ QUOTE ]

My first idea was, to use a wrapper Push Button which push the other, but I suppose, this won't solve the problem - maybe the result can be indefinite - sometimes work, sometimes does not.

The key word is: ASYNCH

First make a try with "Wait x seconds" BSFN after you triggered the event.

If it does not work, then maybe you should wait in a separate execution thread, while the the Async event will be finished - some years ago WhippingBoy gave me a great solution for this. If the previous suggestion won't work, then I will look up this solution a will let you know.

On the other hand, if you let us know your real issue, why do you need this, what do you want to solve really, then maybe we wil can give you other work-around.

Regards,

Zoltán

Hi Satheesh,

Let me know what exactly you tried. I am also working n the same scenario.

1. Initially I tried with simply setting focus on Form Control and Grid (Not Working)
2. Then based on this post, I tried creating dummy Blank row in push button click, where i am updating the original grid column value and then deleting dummy grid and then setting focus back to one of form control. Its still not working. I m trying this on E9.1.

Thanks in advance for help.

Thanks & Regards,
Viraj Save
E910 (Tools Release 9.1.3.1)

Back