XML Interop - Port Range?

nac

nac

I need some help!

We have a very locked down server that we are using to make calls to our JDE server (using XML Interop through a .NET App) for some business functions. We specify a port in our JDE call (6014), but it looks like the process is using a range of ports in the 3800's as well (I've seen 3810, 3821, 3870, and 3925)? Does anyone know what this range of additional ports is, or where it is configured?

Thank you!

Last edited:
XML Interop goes through the JDENet kernel(s). 6014 is your JDE master listener. The other ports are additional JDENET kernel processes. The ports will be random unless you set [JDENET] enablePredefinedPorts=1 in your server's JDE.INI. I always set this to 1 not only for firewall needs but also so that traffic is going across a defined set of ports which allows debugging with network tracing tools.

See this link for a discussion of various E1 port ranges: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24902_01/doc.91/e54939/app_default_ports.htm

It says:
If enablePredefinedPorts is 1 then the next port is serverNameListen+1 until maxNetProcesses is reached
If enablePredefinedPorts is 0 then the next port whatever the OS allocates

So if you had 6014 as your based port and maxNetProcesses=5 defined you would have a range of 6014-6018 when predefined ports are enabled.

Thank you sir, we will take a look at this. Your assistance is VERY much appreciated!

Back