How to delete table data from oneworld ??

viktaeh

How to delete data from tables in jde oneworld like we can do with sql queries in world???

In what context is this question asked? Are you talking about trying to program something within an application?

truncate table PD812.proddta.f0911

that will take care of everything. good luck.

viktaeh,

[ QUOTE ]
truncate table PD812.proddta.f0911

that will take care of everything. good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes that would "take care" of everything - including your job. All the best for your search for another one.
grin.gif
smile.gif
cool.gif

However, if you elect not to take such "decisive" action, please provide more details. You have been registered as a user for over 18 months and therefore should probably realise by now that to get appropriate answers you need to provide appropriate detail. You really need to help us to help you. All your question reveals is that you want to delete some data and at some point you have changed from world to oneworld. Whether the change from world to oneworld is because your employer changed, you changed employers, or you are a consultant working for your second client, is unknown, and probably not important.

What is important is:

1) What version of JDE Oneworld are you using? (eg 8.11sp1)
2) What tools release are you using? (eg 8.97.2.1)
3) What is your platform for the enterprise server, database server and webserver? (eg enterprise server: Sun, database server: Sun, web server: windows)
4) What is you database? (eg Oracle)
5) what data do you want to delete and why? (eg archive old data from F0911)

If you deleted data in world with SQL, then why can't you do the same in oneworld?

My question is with reference to Integrate SQL tool with JDE Xe Demo. I have seen ppl using SQL tools to delete , update data. So wanted to try the same with Demo. IS it possible? In JDE World we can use SQL etc. But what we can use in JDE XE Demo if we need to delete, update data?

I am not familiar with the XE Demo but in XE full assuming you have the ODBC setup you are able to use any SQL tool such as WinSQL and perform SQL transactions on the database. I hope that helps.

Xe Demo is very old. It would use a local database of some kind, possibly even MS Access (2000 version?). With some of the demo versions, you need to unencrypt something to be able to log on to the local database. There was, at one stage, a document explaining how to access the local database. I don't know which database was involved or to which JDE version it related.

If you can get access to the database to be able to delete/insert/update data, then all the same rules apply as in the full JDE version as to what data is changed. As a rule of thumb, don't change anything unless you have a thorough knowledge of the resulting impact and have back up the data.

Back