Accessing JD Edwards EnterpriseOne with Chrome and Firefox

Mike T

I have begun to use a laptop running Windows 8.1 to access JDE Edwards EnterpriseOne.

I use a company Cisco AnyConnect VPN, and connect with a URL like ...E1Menu.maf.

When using Chrome v 31 or Firefox v 26, I can connect to JDE, log in, and be presented with the menu. However, when I click on any of the menu options in the left hand panel, nothing happens. It is as though the mouse clicks are not reaching the application.

Is this a known issue, and is there a fix for it?

Thanks
Mike Thomas

Hi,

I am not sure if this is regarding a browser or VPN issue.
confused.gif

But I think you can start using the Fire Fox ESR (V - 17.0.11 ) it might help and kill the issue.

Regards,

Mus

Thank you for the link. Unfortunately, I cannot get to it. I have a login on the Oracle Support forum, but but when I click on this particular link, I just get a message that I cannot be logged in.

8. April 16, 2013 10:42 AM in response to: RamaKrishnan S
Re: JDE E1 Not Working in Firefox 20 Correct Answer Correct Answer

OK, I found 2 other ways to make it work besides downgrading to Firefox 19.x. The first: You can set a site specific override of the browser version in firefox as was needed for Chase bank. See the instructions here: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/955701#answer-424885
Basically, you tell your browser to lie to E1 about what version it is. If the browser says it is 19 instead of 20, then E1 will accept it. Like downgrading, this requires action on each of the client, a maintenance nightmare.

The second method, and far better one for those of us with more than a handful of end users I think, is to modify the JAS server's browscap.ini. As 'AnaE - Oracle' pointed out, there is no Firefox 20.* in there. I added the following to my browscap.ini in the PY environment and bounced the PY instance. So far it seems to be working fine. Assuming further testing doesn't discover any new problems, I'll add it to my PD environment tonight when I can kick the users off for a few minutes.

Edited to add: Yep, it worked. I changed every one of the browscap.ini files I could find on my OAS machines, and after stopping and restarting the instances my users can use the new Firefox.version 20.0 (and 21 beta and 23 alpha). We should be good until Firefox 30 is released in a year or so. By the way, this same issue exists for IE-- the ini file will only understand through version 19.x. Safari, however, is good for any version.

Added the following to JAS server browscap.ini:
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; MOZILLA FIREFOX 20.0

[MOZILLA FIREFOX 20.0]
parent=MOZILLA FIREFOX 10.0
version=20.0
majorver=20
minorver=0

[*(X11*) Gecko/* Firefox/2?.*]
parent=MOZILLA FIREFOX 20.0
platform=Linux

[*(Mac*) Gecko/* Firefox/2?.*]
platform=Mac

[*(Win*) Gecko/* Firefox/2?.*]
platform=Win

I can vouch for this approach - changing browscap.ini like the above using Firefox 33.x worked for me. I was able to log in and navigate the menus.

- Vernon

Last edited:
8. April 16, 2013 10:42 AM in response to: RamaKrishnan S
Re: JDE E1 Not Working in Firefox 20 Correct Answer Correct Answer

OK, I found 2 other ways to make it work besides downgrading to Firefox 19.x. The first: You can set a site specific override of the browser version in firefox as was needed for Chase bank. See the instructions here: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/955701#answer-424885
Basically, you tell your browser to lie to E1 about what version it is. If the browser says it is 19 instead of 20, then E1 will accept it. Like downgrading, this requires action on each of the client, a maintenance nightmare.

The second method, and far better one for those of us with more than a handful of end users I think, is to modify the JAS server's browscap.ini. As 'AnaE - Oracle' pointed out, there is no Firefox 20.* in there. I added the following to my browscap.ini in the PY environment and bounced the PY instance. So far it seems to be working fine. Assuming further testing doesn't discover any new problems, I'll add it to my PD environment tonight when I can kick the users off for a few minutes.

Edited to add: Yep, it worked. I changed every one of the browscap.ini files I could find on my OAS machines, and after stopping and restarting the instances my users can use the new Firefox.version 20.0 (and 21 beta and 23 alpha). We should be good until Firefox 30 is released in a year or so. By the way, this same issue exists for IE-- the ini file will only understand through version 19.x. Safari, however, is good for any version.

Added the following to JAS server browscap.ini:
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; MOZILLA FIREFOX 20.0

[MOZILLA FIREFOX 20.0]
parent=MOZILLA FIREFOX 10.0
version=20.0
majorver=20
minorver=0

[*(X11*) Gecko/* Firefox/2?.*]
platform=Linux

[*(Mac*) Gecko/* Firefox/2?.*]
platform=Mac

[*(Win*) Gecko/* Firefox/2?.*]
platform=Win

Hello,

We are going to give this fix a try, however we also want to include/try Chrome browser.
Can you please post an entry example for Chrome browsers and then we will change it for all available versions?

Thank you!

Back