Custom BSSV Works in JDev, Package Build Fails

Mike S

Mike S

I am having issues with creating a custom BSSV object (it is actually a clone of a vanilla BSSV). For Price and Availability we can use JP420000, however it does not allow for processing of multiple items (i.e. passing and returning an array). I have successfully built, compiled and tested JP564200 (a clone of JP420000) in JDeveloper, however when it comes to the package build we are getting errors in the BusinessServices.log NOT the compile.log since my code compiles without issue. Other custom (non-clone) BSSV objects build/deploy successfully.

The error that I am seeing is in a generated file (Oracle_E1_SBF_SEI_PkgBldFile_CustomSalesOrderManager.java) which is an interface that extends remote. When that file is generated it appends an “[L” to the “oracle.e1.bssv” (making it “[Loracle.e1.bssv…”) for the return type.

I have created an SR with Oracle, but it is slow moving because of this being a custom object. We are currently on 8.12 TR 8.97.1 (with an 8.98.2 upgrade coming soon).

Have any of you fellow Listers encountered this error or have any ideas?

Thanks,
Mike

Well, we were finally able to figure out the cause of the issue; hopefully this will help someone else out in the future.

To improve performance we are passing in an array of items and processing them all simultaneously, this also results in returning an array. Apparently JDE does not like returning an array… So instead of returning Results[] the code had to be changed to return an object that contained Results[]. The return of an object with an array as a property worked great in JDev locally and we were able to build and deploy a package with the object. Oracles response was that they could neither confirm nor deny this as being an issue with JDE since they don’t support any custom BSSV development.

Resolution: Return an object with an array of results instead of the array of results.

Thanks,
Mike

Thanks for the tip. We are just starting BSSV work. Nice to know Oracle doesn't treat BSSV development any better than the other software they write that won't work.
smile.gif

hi Mike,

Thanks for sharing this. We too have a similar situation and working on the cause. Can you please share more details about your resolution. An example would help here.

You can please send the details to [email protected].
Thanks
Anup

Back