JDE on Mac OS

thienduong584

thienduong584

Hi,

I want install JD Edwards Enterprise One on Mac OS Computer.
C
an i install JDE on Mac OS?

Appreciate you to view my query and more thankful to you if you can provide some idea.

Thanks.

Short answer is: no, it's Windows-only.

But we do actually have a Mac client capable of submitting batch jobs and retrieving output back, if you are interested. You can find it on our website, it's called iBV.

Hi,

I want install JD Edwards Enterprise One on Mac OS Computer.
C
an i install JDE on Mac OS?

Appreciate you to view my query and more thankful to you if you can provide some idea.

Thanks.

Yes. Its possible !!!

With a help of Virtualization magic (Parallels) , You can achieve.

Two days before we helped one user ( David Johnson ) to install standalone 9.2.

He contacted us from our JDESource article : JD Edwards 9.2 Standalone (DEMO) Installation Tutorial

For the 9.2 Installs , he has the following configuration

IMac or MacBook Pro

OS X 10.11.6

16GB Ram

1 TB SD HD

Parallels Version 11.2.1 or 12 with Tools installed

Running Windows 7 Pro SP1

Each VM is setup with 4GB of Ram and 150-200GB HD Space

In addition to the 9.2, he also run 9.0, 9.1, 9.1.5, Xe and 8.12 versions with the same setups.

Watch Our video Presentation for successful 9.2 Standalone Installation : Standalone 9.2 Installation on YouTube

We can help you for sure !!!

Last edited:
Installing E1 using Parallels is not the same as installing it natively on Mac. We use Parallels on all our Macs.

Oracle Virtualization Software VM Box also useful for create the Windows 7 VM and Install Standalone 9.2 Successfully.

Use Virtual Box 4 or older version . If you try installing on latest version VM BOX 5, Oracle 12c Client and Oracle E1local 12c Database Installation will fail.

Note : This issue is specific to Mac . If the Host OS is Windows, VM Box 5 also works fine.

We found the information from the article https://oracle-base.com/blog/2015/10/05/virtualbox-oracle-12c-and-macs/

Last edited:
You can use a number of virtualization tools to install E1 on a mac - OR natively install Boot Camp to boot in Windows.

But you cannot install E1 "natively" into OS-X.

I personally use VMWare Fusion on my Mac - and I have a Windows 7 x64 virtual machine. Runs E1 9.2 Standalone just fine. VMWare isn't free of course, but Oracles' Virtualbox is. The absolute benefit of using a virtualization platform, of course, is that you can "roll it back" when you muck up your E1 Standalone. Works fantastic, and you never have to be concerned about E1 screwing up your laptop. Even if you're a Windows user, you should consider using Virtualbox or VMWare Workstation to host your E1 standalone environment locally.

Back