Finance Charges

juliuskilambu

Anybody outthere using Finance charges. It is to do with charging customers interest on overview due balances.
I am trying to make it work but it is giving an error message "INVALID AAI's" Where do I set up the AAI? and any other information which may be of help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
JDE 7.3 00009

Thanks

Julius,

Yes it is to do with charging interest on overdue balances.

Everything is clearly defined in the AR User Manual under:

(a) Setup

Work with Automatic Accounting Instructions

Setting Up AAI's for A/R

(b) Periodic

Work with Late Payment Charges

The two AAI's are "RFC" and "RFD"

Make sure you have your accountants involved they have to supply the
account numbers. They should also advise on whether you have a legal
right to charge interest on overdue balances? Is this standard company
policy?

Julius, please read the manual before you fire off any more posts. If
your company can't find the User Guides then try contacting JDE
(PeopleSoft) and organize to get one or more copies of the A7.3
documentation on CD.

Oh yes, one other thing, have you fully resolved all your AR to GL
integrity problems? If you haven't then don't even try and set up
Finance Charges or you could potentially wind up with a real mess of
integrity.

Regards,

Colin

Colin Hugill (Consultant)
(World A7.3 cum12)

Julius,

Yes it is to do with charging interest on overdue balances.

Everything is clearly defined in the AR User Manual under:

(a) Setup
Work with Automatic Accounting Instructions
Setting Up AAI's for A/R

(b) Periodic
Work with Late Payment Charges

The two AAI's are "RFC" and "RFD"

Make sure you have your accountants involved as they have to supply the account numbers. They should also advise on whether you have a legal right to charge interest on overdue balances? Is this standard company policy?

Julius, please read the manual before you fire off any more posts. If your company can’t find the User Guides then try contacting JDE (PeopleSoft) and organize to get one or more copies of the A7.3 documentation on CD.

Oh yes, one other thing, have you fully resolved all your AR to GL integrity problems? If you haven't then don't even try and set up Finance Charges or you could potentially wind up with a real mess of integrity.

While viewing the error message on the F7 screen, use option 4 to view detail - it will tell you which AAI is missing. Then use option 1 to get to the AAI program.

One thing you may need to be aware of with Finance Charges is that they are
only generated in Base Currency - or at least this was the case back at A7.3
cum 10.
At my last company I had to modify the processing so that we could generate
finance charges in the currency of the customer account. It doesn't make
sense if you invoice a customer in Canadian $ and then add finance charges
in US$! I did have trouble trying to convince JDE of that though, which is
why we had to modify it.
Sadly I don't have the changes with me....

Best Regards
Tony Payne - Senior Analyst/Programmer
Aker By Maax, Plymouth, Indiana
--------------------
4+ yrs JDE World Financials / Manufacturing
V5R2 / A7.3 cum14

I am running job J03435 and this is where I am getting the error message. The job is not generating the doc. numbers for the charges

Re: RE: Finance Charges

Collin

I have set up the two AAI's and read the manuals and the manual and still I am stuck.
With my Integrity I am still working on them.

Julius, Julius, what are you doing to us all?

You wrote "I am running job J03435 and this is where I am getting the error message. The job is not generating the doc. numbers for the charges "

What is the error message you are now getting from P03435?

Document numbers will not be generated until you run in **FINAL** mode. This is controlled by a processing option in P03435.

Have you correctly set all the processing options for P03435?

Are you affected by multi currency (see reply post on your topic from another "lister" yesterday)?

Is document type "RF" correctly defined in ALL areas of JDE (including AR)?

How is your environment set up for next numbers? Are you using next numbers by company? If so what have you elected for the system to do if a new document type is processed? (i.e. not yet defined in next numbers by company).

Are you testing in a "Test" environment? Heaven help if you are doing all this in the "live" production environment!!

I might be available to Steamships on an hourly rate plus out of pocket expenses (resonable meals and travel etc.). Maybe your boss could think about this and contact me offline.

After reading the Interest rate info from the manual I have it finally working in my training environment. I did not set the default interest rate on JDE co 0000

Thank

Julius Kilambu

Julius,

Well done - great news that you have everything working OK in your test environment.

Sometimes It can be hard to find the crucial piece of information in the JDE manuals but with diligence and good logical analyis this can always be overcome - as you have done.

Hi Julius,
Did you end up generating/creating the document type RF in the Customer Ledger? If so, care to elaborate? :) I'm using E19.1 an for the life of me am not able to create this flippin document :) Cheers

Back